Healty Liver

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Milk Thistle has been shown in experiments and clinical studies to prevent and reverse liver damage and to neutralize free radicals. It also has the ability to stimulate the growth of new liver cells and replace old damaged cells. My uncle is living prove that Milk Thistle works. He was going to die and the doctor told him to try Milk Thistle because there was nothing else he could do, what did he have to loose. His liver did rejuevinate and he is alive today because of it. I use Milk Thistle as a preventive measure. From Calif

Very Pleased with this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Used to have those little red spots on my torso, which indicated my liver need help in filtering toxins. This product lets me know I'm assisting my liver in its function. I can see the reduction of those tiny little red spots.

Good for Chemical Sensitivity

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking various brands of Milk Thistle for two years. It seems to really help me get through trips to the mall, time in commercial buildings, exposure to new car smell, etc. I take one per day, and two on days where I think I'll be more exposed. I just read a review of a study where it also came up as helpful to preventing prostate problems, so that's a plus.

My nutritionist recommended this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor and nutritionist both recommended Milk Thistle to me years ago to keep a healthy liver as I have chronic Epstein Barr. My gallbladder functions are slowing with age and again it helps keep it happy.

ANCIENT REMEDY

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use this since being prescribed it years ago by a recognised herbalist. Need to stop for alternate months as it is high in saponins.

Great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I've tried several types of milk thistle from here and elsewhere and this is by far the best and strongest. You'll feel it working.

Excellent Product That Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Though I drink alcohol very little, not to excess, and never have past my late high school/early college years, my liver panel always has shown my gamma GT (ggt) a little high, a sign of cirrhosis. Now I take red yeast rice to reduce cholesterol and all statins turn the liver production of cholesterol down, essentially damage the liver. I have been taking this product 2x daily for over a year and my past two liver tests show better than normal, so I assume, since I have not changed anything else, it must be helping me. I took it years ago after a disability insurance blood exam showed possible liver problems, and it helped me pass the second blood test, then I quit. Silymarin has a history of helping the liver to heal. High ggt seems to run in my family, and some are non-drinkers. I am not pro-herbal, but this works for me.

Milk Thistle.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed as having a fatty liver. Got straight onto the net to find out what that meant! Milk Thistle, apparently, can help to remove that condition. iHerb was the cheapest out there and since I have had their products before I knew I would get good quality without being ripped off. I am very hopeful this will be of benefit.

Ongoing liver gallbladder treatment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I started taking this product after a couple of detoxes/cleanses followed by quite a powerful liver/gallbladder flush during which time I passed 5/6 huge gallstones. Some 5 days after starting to use this product I passed two more large gallstones. Since this has never happened to me before - and I do regular flushes - I have to assume that this product carried on the good work and allowed my body to expel more stones.

One of the best milk thistle products available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After looking for a truly high quality silymarin formula I was so glad to find this. In just a few weeks it helped my liver enzyme count drop substantially, when others seemed to do nothing. Thank you now foods, so much!