Now Foods, Silymarin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

A truly great product. Blood tests (liver enzymes) revealed its effectiveness.

Silymarin and blood sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

There is some evidence about blood sugar lowering effects of Silymarin. I am trying now with this product.

Supposedly estrogenic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

From what I've read, silymarin is estrogenic, meaning it acts as female sex hormone on the body. As a man, I'm too scared to take it because I don't want to develop breast tissue or sexual side effects. I have no idea how potent it is; maybe I am exaggerating but I'm not taking any risks for now. I wish I had known this before I ordered. I was going to use it to prevent cholesterol gallstones, since it lowers the cholesterol saturation index of bile and has other beneficial effects against gallstones.

Great price shame about the additives

Posted by msturglifestyle on May 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Take this to help your liver & get the Magnesium Stearate to mess up your stomach! No joking look it up on Mercola.com or Google

#1 natural plant that works for liver problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Milk Thistle is excellent for my father's hepatitis C problem. This is the number one natural plant that works for liver problems.

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It helped me almost immediately - with bile secretion, quicker and better digestion. I'd recommend it or something similar to those suffering from digestion issues. Update 2 weeks later: I stopped taking it as it was causing extreme discomfort and pain in the eyes area. Probably it was just my personal reaction. I bought a similar product from another vendor and so far so good.

The treatment of liver deseases

Posted by Nur on Sep 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed with congenital anomalies of the gallbladder and biliary dyskinesia. I was prescribed Silymarin by my doctor. I keep feeling better since i started taking milk thistle a few weeks ago. Hope next my liver functioning results will be better. This bottle is certainly value for money with 200 caps. I highly recommend it. Enter *KOZ 0205* (no space) at checkout for 5% off!

good for your liver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take these to better digest food. When I eat fat, I have to drink coffee, or alcohol to proper digest fat. For me Silymarin works as well as coffee, so I have cut out my coffee habit.

Well worth the cost.

Posted by thenourishedlife on Nov 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used to be a bargain hunter when it came to supplements, but now I know better. This Silymarin is a high quality, standardized product that delivers the full benefits of milk thistle. I can absolutely tell this aids in liver function, because I have less PMS now and I lose weight more easily than before (yay!). I've been taking it for about one month (3 capsules every morning and night) and I will continue taking it. A+++

Potent stuff!

Posted by otherkind on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Really a potent stuff. This complex delivers 300mg of Milk Thistle extract + Artichoke and Dandelion root extract. Together these works a splendid liver detox and support.I bought it for my granny to support her liver. Works really good! The results of her analysis become better! Don't forget to consult your physician before buying this pills. Отличное средство ля поддержки печени, очень экономичное и эффективное. На Украине преппарат содержащий всего 30 мг силимарина стоит почти 10 долларов. Отличная экономия, не так ли?