Keeps GERD, reflux at bay

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Slippery elm coats the digestive tract, allowing it to heal. My husband got off his PPI medication for GERD and takes 2 capsules of slippery elm with each meal instead. On the meds, he still had a great deal of pain. Now he only has pain about twice a week. Really excellent results! When he does have pain, we make a tea from the slippery elm powder, and the pain goes away right away. (You can just open the capsules until you have a tsp of powder and add boiling water - thick, bland tea which benefits from a sweetener).

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have acid reflux. I find taking four to five capsules stops the rumination and settles my stomach. I strongly recommend it for anyone who suffers from this chronic condition.

Never Became Mucilaginous in Water

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I had slippery elm powder before here in Australia. I found it helped a lot with my stomach issues. I got 2 bottles of this Now slippery elm capsules because I was going overseas and it'd be a lot easier to just take capsules while I was travelling. I've been using the capsules for a few days now and I didn't feel it's doing anything. So I thought I'd try to open capsules into a 1/3 cup of warm water to melt it, then pour 2/3 cup of water as I used to do. But, in my surprise, when I put 7 capsules which was about one teaspoonful, it never became mucilaginous (slimey, gel-like) in texture. I put 2 more caps. It's just like water. I left it several minutes, it never became mucilaginous unlike my powder that I used before. I don't believe, this Now slippery elm capsule's got any actual quality of real slippery elm bark at all. When I tried it, the taste was also different. This one has almost no taste. Now is a well known health product company and I've used many other now products. I'm very disappointed and don't know what to trust if this kind of a big company is doing this. For now, I'm going back to the powder that's from a just small local company and stay away from any capsule forms.

Slipper Elm is great for the stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I can't speak highly enough of Slippery Elm in reversing stomach and intestinal pain. It is important to take away from medicines etc but will coat the linings of your intestines, throat, stomach etc and provide relief. I prefer this product for myself and my family to drugs supplied by the doctor. Slippery Elm is better than Pariet.

Great for chronic reflux

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Love the smell of the capsules when I open the bottle. A must have for chronic esophagitis and gastritis 5 minutes before each meal....very soothing

mrs ford

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

used in help with acid reflux, helped sooth stomach and intestinal tract, natural and no side effects .also used in sore throat.used with marshmallow root to help with colitis.

Slippery Elm- insomnia & muscle pain gone

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great for insomnia- muscle pain and ibs- draws toxins out of ones body I will never be without it

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Slippery Elm really helped my irritable bowel symptoms.

LOVE IT

Posted by MukMas on Apr 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have bladder incontinence, it helps me a lot, very happy i found this after taking so many strong prescription drugs

Big help with digestive problems

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Slippery Elm is most helpful when I am experiencing digestive problems, especially for colitis flares.