Used to be a great product but not anymore!

Posted by sweetheart on Apr 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use jojoba oil every day. I mix it into facial cleanser, add a drop or two in my hair conditioner, use it as a moisturizer and so on. However I no longer purchase NOW brand because the last bottle I ordered was not good anymore: the oil had a very weird chemical-like smell. I switched to Aura Cacia jojoba oil which also is organic but has no bad smell. I would also like these oils to be stored in glass bottles: plastic dissolves in oil and gets to your skin. Not very happy about that...

Great for skin and hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

What makes Jojoba so unique compared to other seed oils is that it is structurally and chemically very similar to the human sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in our skin. In most cases, it can act as a substitute while giving similar or added benefits compared to sebum. It has anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties and is very easily absorbed by the outer skin. It even helps prevent hair loss and acne! I use it on my skin after showering and massage it into my scalp.

Love!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Im 29 with moderate acne and normal to oily combination skin. In the evening I use this instead of a night cream. It really helps deep condition my skin, eyelashes and brows. Instead of waking up super oily I have soft, smooth and balanced skin. It also helps purge bacteria from existing blackheads and pustules clearing my skin quicker. Does WONDERS when I do an enzyme scrub, slather aloe vera gel, wiping off with cotton pads and moisturize with the jojoba before bed. Just see how your skin will look by morning!

SOOOOO Amazing!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Best oil I have ever used, and I've tried them all- apricot, grape seed, sweet almond, etc. This stuff makes my skin soooo soft and moisturized with NO greasy feeling. I add a few drops to my facial cleanser to wash my face. It leaves my skin so soft and not greasy, and it has cleared up a lot of my acne. Now I don't have to use moisturizer which never worked for me anyway and made me break out worse. I follow up with the Devita cucumber toner (also amazing). I also add jojoba oil to my shampoo, conditioner, and body wash for super soft and clean hair and skin. For some reason jojoba oil deep cleans but adds moisture which is great. Going to use it as body moisturizer as well. I'm ordering the big size next time.

Great pure organic jojoba oil without any additives or preservatives.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This clear golden oil with a slightly nutty aroma is a true North American treasure and one of the most amazing natural skincare and haircare products known to man. What makes it superior to other plant oils is that it's so similar to sebum, the oil secreted by the skin's sebaceous glands, which makes it quickly and easily absorbed. Rich in oleic, palmitic, linoleic, linolenic acids, as well as vitamins A and E, this wonderful light and non-greasy moisturizing oil creates a powerful barrier protecting against moisture loss and minimizing the effects of the harsh environment we live in. Jojoba oil does wonders for dry, sensitive, dehydrated and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, soothes, revitalizes, regenerates, heals the skin, encouraging cell renewal, reducing redness and inflammation, calming itching, improving its elasticity and complexion, evening out the skin tone, preventing dryness and dehydration and protecting against premature aging. Not only is it great for dry skin, it's also beneficial to oily, combination and acne-prone skin. Due to its ability to mimic the skin's sebum so closely, it acts as a signal to the pores to stop producing any more sebum. It has the same regulating and balancing effect on oily scalp and hair, helping break down oils, clean hair follicles and remove dirt. Jojoba oil is also an effective and natural treatment for acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, dry, flaky and itchy scalp, as well as many other skin and hair conditions, and known for preventing and reducing scars, stretch marks and razor bumps, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, restoring luster to dull and lifeless hair, strengthening weak and brittle nails. Since I started this organic jojoba oil two times a day, my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, my skin tone has evened out, all the redness and inflammation is gone, some of my acne scars and pigmentation spots have faded, some fine lines and stretch marks have smoothed out, my skin is no longer dry, flaky and painful to the touch – it's softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. So glad I discovered this great product.

Quality product

Posted by tommix on Nov 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this item. It's kind a cheap, ORGANIC - so no pesticides or other chemicals in it, so you can apply on skin without fear that you've using GMO or pesticides on your face. My skin NEVER accepted any oils. Cacoa and so on..all oils stayed on skin for long time until i washed them..but hits one..goes really quick in skin... never fell this way with any other oil. This one is really good for keeping skin hydrated.

Great for skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I add a swirl of this to my body wash every morning. In summer my skin is so soft and I don't even need to use moisturizer! In winter this helps, but moisturizer is still needed. It even helps get rid of the little bumps on my upper arms! The bottle lasts a long time too!

Very good Jojoba Oil

Posted by username161 on May 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good value, will buy again for sure. Great for oily skin, stretch marks, in your hair, drop some in your shampoo/conditioner, add it to body lotion to make it more rich, won't clog pores. Organic, affordable, excellent.

Must have oil!

Posted by MyHealthyLiving on Oct 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this oil to use in conjunction with coconut oil as a treatment for my hair(strengthens, gives a healthy look and shine), but I use it on my neck and decollete area as well! It's super-moisturizing without being too greasy and is a perfect leave-in for the ends of hair. Don't be afraid of the price - it's well worth it./Я купила это масло для использования в сочетании с кокосовым маслом для лечения волос (укрепляет, придает здоровый вид и блеск),но я также использую его на область шеи и декольте. Это супер-увлайняущее масло, при этом не такое уж жирное, также идеально наносить на кончики волос. Оно однозначно стоит своей цены!

Bad for sensitive skin - try shea instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Sep 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is not expensive and will last a while. However - it irritated my skin so gave it to a friend - they agree with other reviewers re good for skin/hair. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.