Can be beneficial or a complete disaster, use sparingly.

Posted by jeaninegabrielle on Jul 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was very excited to start using clay powder masks and this is the first one I've tried. The first time I used it I made the mistake of leaving it on for a tad too long, I could feel the mask tugging at my skin and I could even feel my pulse. After washing off my skin felt amazing, and blackheads had come to the surface, making them extractable with very light pressure. I was so happy with my new discovery. However, I woke up the next morning with red, inflamed skin, a similar reaction I had to other beauty products. I figured it was because I left it on for too long and perhaps added too much clay and not enough liquid. I use Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel to mix with the clay. After my skin had recovered from the incident I tried a more diluted mixture, and it worked well. I wash it off just before it fully dries. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON UNTIL YOU FEEL YOUR PULSE! I should have stuck to that but I got adventurous and added tea tree oil to the mix. It was a big mistake, it went on feeling very refreshing but after 10 minutes my face was on fire and I had to deal with having red, irritated, painful skin for almost a week. So, for those of you with sensitive skin, use this sparingly, you don't necessarily have to use a thick paste, it can be too drying and cause irritation instead. Avoid mixing with oils like tea tree cos it can really burn through your skin. I also use this occasionally as a spot treatment so I don't run the risk of over drying my entire face. A little goes a long way.

great for face masks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I really like this for making face masks. I usually take a little of this powder, and wet it down w/ aubrey organics 100% aloe vera and add a few drops of tea tree oil for a great, all natural, deep cleansing mask. but the wonderful thing is that you can use it as a base and then add things for your specific skin type. a jar will usually last me about 9 months using 1-2x per week.

Great pure and natural detoxifying European clay powder for all skin types.

Posted by Caerulea on May 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This green European clay is pure, natural, free of any additives or preservatives, and great for all skin types, especially oily, combination, and acne-prone skin. It detoxifies the skin, exfoliates dead skin cells, draws out excess dirt and oil, removes impurities and debris from under the skin without stripping the skin's protective layer, unclogs and tightens pores decreasing their size, regulates sebum production, tones, firms, invigorates, and revitalizes the skin helping restore its elasticity, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, fights and prevents acne, spots, blemishes, and infections, facilitates the healing of small wounds, sores, burns, cuts, abscesses, boils, blisters, and even reduces stretch marks and scars and helps prevent premature aging. This clay is also a powerful antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal agent keeping infection and inflammation at bay. It can also be used as a detoxifying scalp mask: it regulates sebum production, removes excess oil, dirt, product buildup without stripping the scalp's protective layer, fights infections, protects the scalp at the cellular level, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, stimulates keratin production and hair growth. I've been mixing this product with a few drops of jojoba oil and using it on my face, body, and scalp, and I'm impressed by the results: my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, my skin tone has evened out, my acne has noticeably cleared up, almost all the redness and inflammation is gone, some of my pigmentation spots and stretch marks have faded, my scalp is much healthier and no longer dry, flaky, and itchy. Amazing product. So glad I ordered it.

Brightening your skin and smaller pores

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I m Asian . 36yr old with dry skin n complex skin at T zone . I read others' review and said it': and amazing products , IT IS! It's amazing. When I touch my skin at the first time of using, I felt my face SOFTER , CLEANER , BRIGHTER , SMALLER PORES and less black head. Here is my recipe for my big face : 3.5 tblp of the clay powder + 2-3 drops tea tree essential oil + 2-3 drops of rosehip water + water ,mix well until it turns into a paste. I left it around 15 minutes and rinse it afterward . I believe it is not only about the Clay, but also Teatree and rosehip oil. ( I tried to use colleges gel to replace water , but it's not working , cannot be a paste like using water . The best is mix with water . ) If you like my review, please click like and let me know, thank you <3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great texture, mixes well, detoxifies quickly...use with grapeseed oil if you have dry skin

Terrific!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Be patient with Green Clay. If you have a spotty complexion, it will draw the impurities out -- and for a time your skin may break out. But that ends after a time. Meanwhile, your skin cleaner and tighter. Once those impurities (or hidden zits) are gone, wow! I use 2 tsps of the clay for a mask, plus 2 drops of tea tree oil.

Very good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Did a home made facial mask by this clay together with aloe vera from Aubrey organics, a few drops of rosehip oil, a drop of tea tree. A wow effect on my skin, much clearer.

Say Goodbye to Oily Face!

Posted by helznguyen on Apr 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely love this product! Really strong, so be careful there! It can cause your skin to go red and sensitive, if you use to much of this clay powder. I use this with tea tree oil from the same brand :) to bring it up a notch, and mix them with water. Here's a tip: use less clay powder and don't let the mask dry out completely! It would be easier to wash off when it's not too dry up. If your skin gets red, don't worry - the redness will be gone the next day, no harm done!

Great for Acne

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have just started using clay masks and I really like the way this one feels. I have only been using this for a couple of weeks, but I already notice improvement to my skin, tigther pores and even complexion. I mix a little of apple cider vinegar and water into mine.

European Clay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Makes a great mask and I like the way you can customize it. You can add different oils like jojoba or vitamin e for extra hydration or lavendar essential oil for its skin benefits and lovely smell. I even mix the clay with vegetable glycerin or honey sometimes instead of water. Overall, it makes a very good mask.