Hexane extracted, heat treated and refined rose hip seed oil.

Posted by Leione on Apr 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Unrefined cold pressed rose hip seed oil is orange and has a distinct rose hip aroma. This one is clear and has no aroma, which proves that it has been refined and altered by heat. Even though it retains some of its moisturizing properties, it has been stripped of many of the nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that cold pressed rose hip seed oil is valued for. It looks like it has been hexane extracted, which makes it even dangerous. Hexane is a known carcinogen and considered a hazardous substance by the EPA. Sodium hydroxide and sodium carbonate altering the natural integrity and composition of rose hip seed oil might have been added. Its clear color is the result of it having been exposed to extreme temperatures during the refining process which destroys the naturally occurring essential saturated and unsaturated fatty acids and proteins that are so beneficial in unrefined cold pressed rose hip seed oil. It's no longer hypoallergenic and safe for all skin types, it's no longer rich in the naturally occurring in raw shea butter vitamins A, C and E, powerful antioxidants, as well as linoleum and linolenic fatty acids, it no longer possesses the nourishing, protective, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, regenerative and rejuvenating properties of unrefined rose hip seed oil. Won't order it again.

Not cold-pressed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is hexane-extracted and different in colour, consistency and efficacy to the more expensive Aust/NZ rosehip oil that I normally use.

Wonderful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I mix this with some carrier oils to moisturize my face. It is helping to heal old acne scars and evening out my skin tone!

Great for skin blemishes and scars

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I used this on my stretch marks and discolorations of my newborn daughters face (some birth marks and some blemishes from a long bumpy trip through the birth canal!). With daily use her facial blemishes faded to hardly noticable after 3 or 4 months time. And my stretch marks faded in color and the texture is smoother. I use it around my eyes in combination with pure vitamin E, and find it has reduced puffiness, faded the dark color, and smoothed away the fine lines. I've read about this oil being used to treat the facial scars of car crash victims and scars from surgery with great success. This is the lowest priced brand I've found and it works for me. Good luck!

very nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

this oil is very nice. It does not smell or look like other rose hip oils I used, but that's because it is not cold pressed, but steam distilled. It is definitely working though as the minute I put it on my face, my skin felt smoother and more relaxed. The other oil I used to use was 6 times more expensive. I definitely recommend trying this one before spending huge sums of money on something more expensive.

Luminous Skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Of all the oils I've tried, this one is the most compatible with my facial skin. It isn't heavy and doesn't sit on the face for very long before it's absorbed. But it also deeply nourishes my complexion, and makes it glow with moisture. It evens out and calms my skin tone, plus, also has reduced the darkness of my sun spots. I shake several drops onto the palm of my hand, then spray distilled water into my palm and mix them together. Then I pat/rub the oily water onto my skin. If it's summertime, this is all I need at night, or add a little sunscreen for the daytime. If it's a dry time, like in the winter, I follow it with a cream moisturizer. Ever since I started using this fabulous oil, I've seen a difference in my skin and will stick with it forever.

Well well well...

Posted by goteborg on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

...price is great but to be honest, not the best product if wanting to avoid pimples etc. Rose hip seed oil is known to cause acne or pimples on sensitive skin, so please take that into concideration if wanting to treat your facial skin. Still a quality product.

Highly Refined Oil Not that effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It comes in brown uv ray proof glass bottle, which is nice, but after using for few months, I developed allergy to this product. Other brands of rosehip oil is red to almost brown in colour and I know they are effective rich in Vitamin C, and I was hoping because it is highly refined I would not develop allergy...but I did. I cannot recommend this product because I am not too sure if this is real rosehip oil...

Now Foods Oils are excellent! --------- Масла фирмы Нау Фудс - отличные!

Posted by Sunshinesunray on May 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like NF rose hip seed oil. I mix it with NF argana oil and apply to my skin before going to bed. My skin looks smooth in the morning. If my review was helpful to you, please click "YES" below. Thanks! -------- Мне нравится масло семян шиповника фирмы Нау Фудс. Я смешиваю это масло с маслом арганы этой же марки и наношу на кожу лица перед сном. Утром кожа выглядит гладкой и ухоженной. Если мой отзыв показался для вас полезным, пожалуйста, нажмите "YES".Спасибо!

Recomendable para cualquier cosa

Posted by curlyherb on Mar 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Bueno, el producto es fantástico. (Pero no este, la rosa mosqueta en general). Yo lo mezclo con una crema hidratante natural y lo aplico tras mi depilación laser. Es genial También me lo aplico en la cara cuando se me descama por el frío o el sol. Está genial de precio, y sobretodo comparándolo con los precios en España... Peeeero... Huele como a pescado cuando te lo aplicas jajaja. Es un olor muy raro. Si metes la nariz en el bote... es como barniz, y luego en la cara es un olor regulín. De todos modos, yo lo aplico por la noche generalmente, así que sin problema. Precio y calidad excelentes :) Si te ha servido mi review, pincha en que te ha ayudado. Es un segundo ^^