Will not buy again because of the addition of a certain ingredient

Posted by Reviewer2295193 on Sep 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

While I appreciate that the toothpaste is flouride free, the addition of carrageenan is something I am very wary. I used to drink lots of protein shakes which I have rated highly here but no longer do so because of carrageenan. I believe carrageenan has caused me to have all kinds of stomach problems. It has been shown to induce colitis in lab animals and should be avoided by anyone with Crohn's Ulcerative colitis or even IBS.

smells ok!

Posted by vafa33 on Feb 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

nothing special

??

Posted by 5077179092129088334 on Aug 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This had so many good reviews. I wonder why? To me it's really nothing different from any cheap toothpaste.

I was expecting better

Posted by Reviewer1765092 on Oct 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

From the reviews posted here on iHerb I had high hopes for this toothpaste. But my experience does not seem to mirror others. The toothpaste lacks any flavor or taste. There is not mint fresh feeling or anything like that. It's more of a cardboard fresh taste. Second and perhaps more important, my gums have never bled this much since changing to this toothpaste. For the past year or so I've been using Crest Pro Health and my gums never really bled while using that. But since using Xyliwhite, they bleed about every time I brush them. I've been using the toothpaste for a little over a month and I thought at first that my gums just needed a re-adjustment period. Now, I am not so sure.

Strange taste

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It will leave your tongue with a strange taste after using it.

Just O.K.

Posted by Reviewer3075169 on Nov 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We normally use Tom's of Maine toothpastes,so I deceided to try this because of the high ratings. Tom's of Maine is much better. The now has no thick lather,just gets real thin like your not brushing with anything.I won't use it again.

Not my favorite SLS-free

Posted by Reviewer1836032 on Nov 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I read the reviews and was hopeful. I've tried at least six SLS-free toothpastes and either they stop making them or I don't like them. I'm used to the thinness of the paste in your mouth, but it's the taste I just don't seem to like. This one was no different unfortunately. It's sweet enough, but the flavor is much too mild and slightly off-putting - there's some odd flavor in there. My mouth doesn't feel clean and refreshed after brushing. The good news is that I had a leftover tube of another brand that I didn't like (too strong, not sweet at all) and when I mix them together, it's perfect.

Neutral

Posted by Reviewer1455067 on Aug 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Neither very good, nor bad.

Nothing special

Posted by Reviewer1323032 on Jul 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I purchased the product in large part because of the reviews but I don't judge the product to be worth the (price + shipping).

Okay Toothpaste. Going back to Tom's

Posted by Reviewer1741178 on Jul 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like NOW products so tried this toothpaste. I use it with a mechanical toothbrush like I do with Tom's products. I like that this is fluoride free. You really don't want fluoride ever. Research the reason why they use it in water and toothpaste and it's pretty bad. It's a waste product. (I have a background in toxic tort/product law--really you don't need it.) I break out in a facial rash when I use fluoride. Anyway, this toothpaste tastes good but doesn't make me feel like my teeth have been cleaned well like Tom's toothpastes do. I have to brush twice as long and still my teeth don't have that clean feel to them.