Product disappointing compared to an earlier batch.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Dear Folk at iHerb, The first 454g container of Sunflower Lecithin was purchased by my wife (Joy Heasman) from IHerb on or about 11June 2016. It was lighter in color than the two containers purchased recently by me (John) on 24 September and received earlier this month (Oct). We manufacture our own Liposomal Vitamin C, and the procedure has not changed. However, the finished product, using the recently purchased batch, is darker in color (which may be irrelevant) but does not dissolve as completely as the original batch. When using the original batch purchased, the Lecithin remained in solution until the Vitamin C was consumed (up to a week in the refrigerator), but with the latest batch, a thin sludge develops (after a couple of days), in the bottom of the jar containing the Vitamin C solution. This may not be of any consequence, but it is a little disappointing. We have not used the Acerola 4:1 Extract Powder (purchased at the same time) yet, so cannot comment on it's quality at this point in time. Your feedback would be appreciated. John.

will buy again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am now taking my second container of this lecithin. when I tried soy lecithin I loved the creamy flavour but it always caused stomach upset. this sunflower lecithin does not upset my stomach. the first container of this product I bought I found to taste horrible. it tasted bitter. I am unsure why but the second container I am now taking tastes nice and creamy and not bitter. I emailed this company and they informed me that they do use hexane to extract this lecithin. I will continue to use this product however until I find a hexane free alternative

Excellent

Posted by PurplePegasus on Aug 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Finally a powder supplement with 0 protein! (Liver illness has caused me to become protein intolerant and it's a challenge to find protein-free foods!) I enjoy this sprinkled in my foods or in a glass of OJ. The taste is pleasant. If I add too much and don't stir properly, I get a mouthful of dry powder among the blended one, not a problem. I love that it's soy-free, GMO-free as with liver illness, chemicals can be lethal fast! I use this to help dissolve fatty-liver fats. (Wish I had never taken Tylenol! Many of us think that we're magically immune to the listed side-effects!) The PC (phosphatidylcholine) in lecithin I found to be great in the sense that I am prone to panic attacks, which don't occur when my brain gets this much needed nutrition but tend to soon come back when I quit it. Lecithin is a fat emulsifier, great in homemade moisturizer recipes and, in the past, found that it also helped support fat loss. It's the main ingredient used topically in injections by some weight control clinics. I hope it helps you too.

See not much difference yet.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

See not much difference yet. Went for it for the mental clarity. But don't see any difference. Also take notice that "NOW" removes all "PhosphatidylSerine" from all their Lecithin products to sell it as PS pills. They admitted it themselves to me. Meabe it's that what I am missing.

Great to have non soy product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I appreciate the benefits of lecithin but really tried to stay away from soy based products. It's great that iHerb carries the granules in addition to the capsules and liquid forms of Now sunflower lecithin. Obviously I am not alone in this as they sold out in a hurry.

didn't feel well after

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I felt pretty bad after taking the 1st 5g dose (and I definitely didn't expect to feel that bad). Too bad - I was really looking forward to the possibility of having a really handy source of phospholipids. I can only speculate if it was because of the hexane or something else... That means back to the organic raw egg yolks I guess... And no - I'm not a black-PR bigpharma troll - I continuosly take a bunch of supps: algal omega3's, Iodoral, boron, ConcenTrace, Acetyl-l-carnitine, etc., and I have been doing so for the past few years.

The best lecithin!

Posted by Gomommygo on May 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Ever since I discovered this lecithin I haven't gone back to the Soy variety. I read that sunflower lecithin, though more expensive, is better for you. Lecithin contains phosphatidyl serine, too, which is important for your brain. Since it's an emulsifier , it helps mix liquids and oil's. I use it in everything: smoothies- and making my own coffee creamer. In the blender I mix a cup of boiling water with a half cup of coconut oil, add honey to taste, and a heaping TBLSP of lecithin, then add almond milk to fill the blender. I also add turmeric and cinnamon, and vanilla, too - for that extra boost of brain power that helps fight against Alzheimer's!

Nice Rich Dark Sunflower Lecithin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product was amazing. We purchased to make Liposomal Vitamin C and the powder was rich, dark and oily which is just what you want to make a good batch of the Liposomal vitamin C. If the sunflowers are pressed and produce a very light powder, we have found that the finished Liposomal Vitamin C does not globule on water and remains runny and water soluble. This powder is brilliant and we will purchase again. Living in the UK, we find it very difficult to find a supplier who sells top quality and this product ticks all the boxes.

Sunflower Lecitin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I only gave a rating of 4 as I don't know how it compares with others. I feel it is beneficial, it has a calming effect and considering it binds oils with water it may be very beneficial for digestion and fatty liver. I use it various ways: straight on a teaspoon, making lipossomal vitamin C, raw coconut chocolate... I bought the liquid one to try, it does taste like melted tyres:)

Phenylalanine antagonist

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great product for short term use as too much choline is a phenylalanine antagonist. Phenylalanine is food for your pituitary gland.