Be Careful With This If You Have Candida

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The product quality itself seems excellent. However, if you have Candida you need to be aware that taurine appears to feed it quite strongly. I follow a very strict anti-candida diet and introduce new supplements one at a time in order to clearly see any effects. After taking this product for approx 1 week started noticing a marked deterioration in my candida, and all the unpleasantness associated with it. I was taking 150mg twice daily (I buy the empty Vcaps from NOW and use a milligram scale to weigh my powders). I would not have believed that taking a single amino acid would aggrivate candida like that if I hadnt experienced it. The effect was as strong as eating small amounts of sugar for me. After taking the product for about 2 weeks I had to discontinue use, and with Google's help discovered that taurine is in fact not recommended for those with Candida. It's unfortunate because otherwise I was noticing some definite advantages from taurine intake (improved sleep and bile flow). Now that I have cleared that recent Candida load, I may experiment with putting a small amount under my tongue, rather than swallowing it. I hope this information is helpful, life is full of dietary land mines when you have candida.

Now Foods, Taurine Powder

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Jan 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Science now shows that the amino acid taurine is a helpful tool in supporting the production of insulin and insulin sensitivity – two major issues for any person seeking solutions for blood sugar issues. Generally taurine is thought of as a relaxing nutrient due to its function within your nervous system. It is also a general tonic to your heart. In an animal model that allows for detailed analysis of the effects of taurine supplementation it was shown that taurine helped the pancreas produce insulin, improved the expression of genes needed for the metabolism of ingested glucose, and helped insulin receptors in muscles and the liver work better. This is a profound array of support for improved blood sugar metabolism.

not as good as other taurine powders

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The one from source naturals and life extension seem better and more effective

Taurine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a most important ingredient called for in the vet's recipe for raw cat food. When I get my kitties I will be using this product to make the homemade raw cat food. I did receive the product promptly. Thank you

Taurine Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Purchased this for my cats. We make their food and need taurine to be added to it. It is easy to add as we feed them.

เพิ่งลอง

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

ขอลองสักพัก

Now-Foods-Taurine-Powder-8-oz-227-g/

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Took some once to see if any effect on sleep, effect not noticeable

muito bom !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

niiiiiiiiiiiiice

not sure if it works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

cannot tell if this product is working at all. I did not observe any benefits from using this product.

taurine