Not effective for me

Posted by DebojitDeb-India on Jun 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a chronic insomniac since my college days. After reading the reviews, I ordered valerian root cap 500mg & melatonin 3mg. I took 2 caps of valerian root & 1 tab of melatonin before bed time, but they hardly made any big difference. Valerian root gave me slightly sleepy but not enough to fall asleep. I also feel slight groggy next morning. As we individuals are different, all drugs don't act exactly same. Wish it worked for me too like majorities. Currently, trying GABA. It makes me calm & relaxed but unable to make me fall asleep. Thinking to try Magnesium/5-HTP/Taurine/L-Theanine & researching. Wish I get a perfect supplement for my insomnia.

not a great difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I did not have any effect from this product. I did not sleep any better even with three capsules before bed time.

Probably a great product, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

...it did not help me one bit. It may have made me even more nervous and jittery. It the the problem is me, rather than the product. I use to take Valerian exclusively with decent results, but for the past few years, Melatonin has worked better for me. I thought I would try Valerian again, but it was no good for me this time.

Mixed Review...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Valerian Root is not the panacea I was hoping for. I will finish out the bottle, but I will be looking at trying the MRM, Relax - All with Phenibut.