Works great for sleep.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take two capsules nightly and they definitely get the job done. I don't feel groggy upon wakening. Great value and on my reorder list every month!

Relaxing effect aids sleeping

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works very well. After about an hour I can feel relaxation taking place in neck muscles that I previously noticed were tense. Once asleep I stay asleep till it's time to get up.

sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

couldn't sleep without it. helps me go to sleep fairly quickly every night.

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Good product for the price. One word of warning though. Some people, namely myself, have opposite reactions to Valerian (excitement). If you want to take valerian to calm down, be aware of this growing phenomenon. There have been more instances of hyperactivity to valerian found in heavy coffee drinkers.

Smells like VOMIT plus melatonin works better

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I usually love Now Foods brands (I buy ALOT of their products). But this product is gross. You open it up and it smells like gross, sour vomit (I should've listened to other reviewers who wrote that, but I thought they were exaggerating. They were not. This is a disgusting product). On top of the smell, it has zero effect on my insomnia. I prefer my melatonin (as I write this, I'm purchasing Now Foods melatonin high potency and the Calm product to see if that works better than the melatonin that I buy for cheaper at Costco). Waste of money for an ineffective product that smells disgusting.

Now Foods, Valerian Root, 500mg.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Valerian is a great herb which does not smell the best. But it is a muscle relaxant. I take Melatonin for sleeping but when it is not enough I add 2 capsules of Valerian and sleep like a baby.

Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Best valerain on market, non filters, be carefull with long term taking, similar like melatonin, it can cause addiction, so that you cant sleep it without it, also valerian turn on cytochrome P450 in liver, so long term taking and in combination with similar meds is to heavy for liver.

Sleep All Night

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I never wake up in the middle of the night now. Valerian doesn't help me fall asleep, but when I do, it's lights out until morning. And I sleep fewer hours now - about 6.5. Very high quality sleep, very refreshed feeling in the morning.

Helps me sleep!

Posted by Turboshopper on Oct 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take 3 a night - I'm a light sleeper- and I sleep all the way through the night. Great product!

Valerian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't work if you are highly stressed but if you are in an already relaxed state it will put you to sleep. It's so so...