Not effective for me

Posted by DebojitDeb-India on June 24 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a chronic insomniac since my college days. After reading the reviews, I ordered valerian root cap 500mg & melatonin 3mg. I took 2 caps of valerian root & 1 tab of melatonin before bed time, but they hardly made any big difference. Valerian root gave me slightly sleepy but not enough to fall asleep. I also feel slight groggy next morning. As we individuals are different, all drugs don't act exactly same. Wish it worked for me too like majorities. Currently, trying GABA. It makes me calm & relaxed but unable to make me fall asleep. Thinking to try Magnesium/5-HTP/Taurine/L-Theanine & researching. Wish I get a perfect supplement for my insomnia.

Works great for sleep.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 11 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take two capsules nightly and they definitely get the job done. I don't feel groggy upon wakening. Great value and on my reorder list every month!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 30 2008 | Verified Purchase

couldn't sleep without it. helps me go to sleep fairly quickly every night.

Didn't work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 17 2008 | Verified Purchase

I tried this product for a few weeks, and I didn't notice any difference, in fact, it may have kept me awake. It smells TERRIBLE as well.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 28 2015 | Verified Purchase

Best valerain on market, non filters, be carefull with long term taking, similar like melatonin, it can cause addiction, so that you cant sleep it without it, also valerian turn on cytochrome P450 in liver, so long term taking and in combination with similar meds is to heavy for liver.

Sleep All Night

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 5 2009 | Verified Purchase

I never wake up in the middle of the night now. Valerian doesn't help me fall asleep, but when I do, it's lights out until morning. And I sleep fewer hours now - about 6.5. Very high quality sleep, very refreshed feeling in the morning.

Not sure

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 18 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my husband to help him sleep better but 2 capsules caused him to be very droozy the next morning. I took one during the day for calming but it made me very sleepy. I am still trying to find my way wwith this producr

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 20 2011 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't work if you are highly stressed but if you are in an already relaxed state it will put you to sleep. It's so so...

Smells like VOMIT plus melatonin works better

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 29 2015 | Verified Purchase

I usually love Now Foods brands (I buy ALOT of their products). But this product is gross. You open it up and it smells like gross, sour vomit (I should've listened to other reviewers who wrote that, but I thought they were exaggerating. They were not. This is a disgusting product). On top of the smell, it has zero effect on my insomnia. I prefer my melatonin (as I write this, I'm purchasing Now Foods melatonin high potency and the Calm product to see if that works better than the melatonin that I buy for cheaper at Costco). Waste of money for an ineffective product that smells disgusting.

Now Foods, Valerian Root, 500mg.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

Valerian is a great herb which does not smell the best. But it is a muscle relaxant. I take Melatonin for sleeping but when it is not enough I add 2 capsules of Valerian and sleep like a baby.