Valerian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't work if you are highly stressed but if you are in an already relaxed state it will put you to sleep. It's so so...

Feed back on this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I got this product to help me with sleep. It HAS not helped that I can tell. Thank you, Violet

weird dreams

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this product gave me really weirds dreams. I would return it if possible.

effectiveness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

no noticable benefit

Excellent antacid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take this herb for the unorthodox purpose of settling my stomach due to hyper acidity. Whenever I get nauseous from acidic gastritis I've had great success taking this herb. There is a dose dependent response as the worse I feel the more capsules I need to take. There have been times when I've lost count but I would estimate to have taken during a couple hour period as many as about 30 of these 500 milligram capsules - I sure felt mellow after that high a dose but still fully functional, alert and clear thinking. Other times I've gotten relief from just a few capsules. While I can't be certain that this herb is acting as an antacid but I think it is a good deduction as I burp and feel a lot better after taking Valerian. Also I don't swallow the capsules but rather chew them up with water in my mouth. I do that with all capsules and tablets as I have a problem with dysphagia (larger food stuffs tent to get stuck in my esophagus). This is one of the grittier herbs - the root must be difficult to clean as there is always some amount of sand or dirt mixed in with the Valerian powder no matter what brand I use.

Very Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Combined With Now 5htp I Can Lay Down The Synthetic Sleep Enablers.... Great!!

Very efficient

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The effect kicks in after a while and it works well!

Great product! Worked well for me.

Posted by Shamnath on Jan 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from lower back pain and chronic insomnia. This product works very well for me. I usually take more since I am suffering from chronic insomnia. I combine it with Gabapentim. Valerian Root is safe since it is purely herbal. Thumbs up for this great product at such a great price. Am placing order now for my second bottle...

Good, plentiful source of valerian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product does its job. The capsule is a transparent film containing dark-green valerian powder. I take it with melatonin to help me get sleep, and it's working the magic. One capsule is normally enough for me, meaning this large bottle can last for about a year!

Ian