LOVE 'em! (but not the smell)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've always been one to stay up 'til the wee hours of the morning even when I was tired. I also have restless leg syndrome, which exacerbates my insomnia. I was hesitant to use any serious sleep medications, so I thought I'd try valerian (believe it or not, based on the recommendation of a holistic vet). These pills are magic, albeit stinky. I take two before getting into bed and they allow me to simply fall asleep when I'm tired. I've also noticed a marked decrease in my RLS since I'm sleeping better. My teenage son also struggles with the same conditions I do, so I gave the valerian to him (with pediatrician's okay) and he swears by them. Without the extra little calming affect, he'd be up through the night. They are non-addictive and don't really make you sleepy, just allow you to sleep when tired. Highly recommended to all who suffer as we USED TO!

Nighty night

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This no frills non standardized supplement does the job.My wife and I use this regularly and find it enhances all phases of sleep. We get to sleep easier and sleep deeper. Great product at a great price.

Valerian Root

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works well for muscle relaxation and stressful times...good sleep aid.

Great product, fast shipping!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product is a really good one. im using it for anxiety and sleeping problems along with melatonin which seem to knock me out after 30 mins. my anxiety is mostly irritability towards those who are close to me and i manage to feel "normal" towards others and not "hold grudges" for stupid things others have done. All in all, this product is awesome for anxiety and sleeping problems. i really recommend it. i have not tested other brands but this NOW brand is a great bang for the buck.

Now Valarien Root

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have Lyme insomnia - I havent slept unaided for 5 1/2 years now. I rely on valium, a special chinese crystalized herb called Yan Hu suo. Before I crashed with Lyme i had early morning waking for 19 years from the bacrerial infecton and I used to gobble down expemsive mexican valerian to get back to sleepat 4am. Since I discovered iherb(Thankyou iherb - you are an absolute godsend to those of us who spend a fortune on supplements - Im getting alot of my Lyme herbs here too so with out you I wouldnt be surviving),any way I find Nows Valerian capsules just as good as the expensive mexican(which I was told was better) and they help me sleep deeper. They're excellent AND a great price. Im buying alot of Now herbs. Bless - from Australia Tiana

Works great for sleep.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I take two capsules nightly and they definitely get the job done. I don't feel groggy upon wakening. Great value and on my reorder list every month!

Relaxing effect aids sleeping

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works very well. After about an hour I can feel relaxation taking place in neck muscles that I previously noticed were tense. Once asleep I stay asleep till it's time to get up.

sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

couldn't sleep without it. helps me go to sleep fairly quickly every night.

Now Foods, Valerian Root, 500mg.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Valerian is a great herb which does not smell the best. But it is a muscle relaxant. I take Melatonin for sleeping but when it is not enough I add 2 capsules of Valerian and sleep like a baby.

Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Best valerain on market, non filters, be carefull with long term taking, similar like melatonin, it can cause addiction, so that you cant sleep it without it, also valerian turn on cytochrome P450 in liver, so long term taking and in combination with similar meds is to heavy for liver.