Stave off viral infections

Posted by Katherine on Dec 22, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Based on a World Health Organization treatment protocol for measles in young and very young children, I take 100,000 IU vitamin A (not beta carotene, one single dose per day for three days. I've had amazing success fighting off nasal-swab diagnosed influenza in 24 hours and many colds. I use it in combination with lowish dose zinc lozenges, Natural Factors Anti-V and 500 mg vitamin c. The zinc, anti-v and c i take every two hours for a few days. I have been able to fight off, in very short order, every viral illness that has attempted to come my way in the last 2.5 years. It's been amazing. Of course, high doses of vitamin A are not appropriate for anyone who is pregnant or could become pregnant.

CAUTION FOR ASTHMA / LOW IRON - depletes other nutrients and *causes* asthma

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Suggest limited/occasional use only. Vit A increases transferrin - higher doses can be detrimental to anyone low in iron, asthmatics, etc. I do not recommend vit A in this dose because it is too effective - it causes me to get breathless, in a very unpleasant way. I end up having to supplement other things to compensate (when they're normally not necessary). At this dose it's too much of a balancing act - even limited/occasional use, I find it just gets metabolised much too quickly. I want a natural vit A, however it seems impossible to find one in lower doses, especially one that isn't cod. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

One of the most overlooked vitamins

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Besides the well known protection for the eyes and the brain, it keeps me warm in colder climates. It does not heat the body, but it seem to help to prevent my body from losing warmth.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this to help my acne and it has worked wonders!

Great buy. Very necessary supplement.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Best buy I've found on Vitamin A. Only 25,000 IU per capsule that I can still find. I take 8 a day for respiratory problems.

Vitamin A for immunity - as recommended by Dr. Linus Pauling PhD in his book "How to Live Longer and Feel Better"

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Vitamin A is essential for immune function, for lung function, and for infection. Vitamin A is especially great if you come down with an infection (viral infection such as measles, etc). Look it up on the internet. I recommend the following daily vitamin regimen as recommended by Linus Pauling, PhD (Two-time Nobel Prize winning scientist) in his book "How To Live Longer and Feel Better" . 1 Multivitamin per day 25000 IU Vitamin A per day 400 IU Vitamin E per day 6000 mg of Vitamin C per day 1 B-100 Complex per day 2000 IU Vitamin D per day 1000 mg fish oil Omega 3 per day

Acne-fighting, but beware of the dosage

Posted by DinaB123 on Jul 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This high dosage is recommended for 30 DAY intake only to kick-off a new acne-fighting campaign. Taken with vitamin E, primrose oil and zinc citrate, it helps celar up the skin.

Keeps you warm

Posted by burdypie on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

this is helping my weird lungs and their constant infections...also has stopped my mild asthma. Terrific high dosage,wonderful stuff and it works...and keeps you warm as well.

Inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take 10 pills every third day and my Prostatitis is under control.

Caution

Posted by SonyaGeorgieva on Mar 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The product is good but...The NIH says that the recommended intake of vitamin A for adults be 5,000 IU per day, and the "upper safe limit" for Vitamin A consumption is 10,000 IU per day. That means one should NOT consume more than 10,000 IU of vitamin A in a day. The amount of 25,000 IU in this product is way above the upper safe limit. There can be sever side-effects of over-consumption of Vitamin A.Here we see that we can take 25,000 IU every day....That is not the trouth. So be careful.