Love the tiny capsules!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was looking for a Vitamin D3 product for the winter months that contains close to Recommended Daily Dose and not 10x more than that, because Vit D is toxic in that high amounts. The 1000 IU is just fine. I also like the fact that it contains olive oil, and not some grain based oil. The tiny capsules are so easy to swallow. Another good product with low dose of Vit D3 is Thorne Research, D-1000. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Feed your bones and brain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

You need Vitamin D to absorb calcium. People who avoid the sun, use sunscreen, or have dark skin are particularly vulnerable to D deficiency, which can lead to osteoporosis and depression (especially Seasonal Affective Disorder in northern climates.) You can overdose on D -- it doesn't dissolve in water and can be stored in body fat -- but not at this level. One a day is enough.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vitamin D is the most important nutrient discovered. In fact, it is more of a hormone than vitamin! It is probably the most researched nutrient/hormone at the moment. It is currently known to prevent/reduce all forms of cancer growth, heart disease, diabetes, dementia, sleepiness, dry skin, autoimmune disease, mental degenerative diseases, dental diseases, osteoporosis, depression, obesity, asthma, muscle weakness, improve immune system and many other undiscovered benefits. This supplement uses Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) which is better absorbed and more bio active, compared to D2 (ergocalciferol). Most people are chronically deficient in Vitamin D due to the years of misinforming the population to avoid the sunlight at all costs (sunblock etc).Vitamin D is fat-soluble so it’s best to take it with healthy fats (The olive oil in the softgel might suffice though). The softgel are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), small and easy to swallow. The further you stay away from the equator, the more Vitamin D you will need. I would recommend daily intake of 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. Even if you stay near the equator like me but have to stay in the office all day, you probably want Vitamin D daily too. This 1,000 IU softgels are better used to customize smaller amount of Vitamin D (e.g 3000 IU daily). Otherwise, you will want to purchase the 5,000 IU per softgel as you are most likely to need more and it’s more cost effective as well. Check out my page for more reviews!

Loose teeth

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have a tooth that would loosen up once in a while. I did some research and found that people who don't get enough sunlight need to supplement with Vitamin D. I live near Chicago. During the winter, we can go weeks without seeing much sun. I tried supplementing with the D. I take 2 a day. It works as long as I keep using it.

GREAT for any CANCER prevention protocol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It has been proven that Vit D3 is a fundamental piece of the puzzle in terms of why cancer rates, Alzheimer, dementia, diabetes, are so much higher in developed/richer countries and much lower in developing/poorer countries. Im sure there are other reasons as well, but scientists suggest that people that live in countries closer to equator, get much more sun, therefore produce much more Vit D in their bodies, while in the northern hemisphere in addition to all the harms of a consumer society for our health, the people do not get as much sun and hence have cronic deficiencies in vit D and hence the cancer rates are higher. Although I currently live in the tropics I supplement with Vit D, not daily that would be a waste, but at least twice a week. Highly advisable if you live in the northern hemisphere and do not get at least 30 minutes of unprotected midday sun exposure in your bare skin every day.

Vitamin D-3 1,000 IU

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had my blood work done about 6 months ago and I was 10 points below normal for my vitamin D. For six monts I have taken 1 softgel in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. My last blood work now is 70 points and they say it should be around 80 points. This Now Foods Vitamin D-3 has really worked.

Easy to take small pills

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love the small, easy-to-take pills. (I have a gagging problem with regular pills.)

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I decided to start taking Vitamin D after reading so many studies about its benefits and hearing from a couple of friends how Vitamin D helps with mood. I'm from the northeast and this past June, there were only 4 sunny days in the entire month. ALl other days were raining or heavily overcast. My mood is definitely connected to sunlight (am pretty sure I have seasonal affective disorder) and I was mildly depressed without any life stressors to speak of. Since taking this, my mood is much better, whether or not I'm directly taking in sun to produce Vitamin D naturally.

Vitamin D-3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am very pleased with this product. My doctor recommended Calcium Citrate along with 3 softgels of Vitamin D-3 for osteopenia. I just had a dexa scan of the bones in my spine and left hip, and they are almost in the normal range which was a 11.8% improvement from just two years ago when I started taking this product. I will continue to take it from now on. Thanks for making it so easy to order online. Judy Squires

Intriguing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've just added this to my regimen. I probably don't produce enough vitamin D of my own due to lack of sunlight exposure. I'm finding that this might be a very important vitamin. So far I definately feel some anti-inflammatory benefits, and this helps with the body ache I experience due to ME/CFS. It is so cheap I recommend trying it.