Highly irritating

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love Now products but I won't be buying this again. Causes a burning sensation on use and over the next few hours my lips swell and the inside of my mouth/tongue becomes painful. Having never used products with Xylitol as an ingredient, don't know whether it is this ingredient or the essential oils that are causing the irritation. As I write this my mouth and lips are on fire. Buyer beware!

burning on lips and around mouth

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

nice taste but unfortunately everyone in our family gets buning and redness whereever the toothpaste touches lips and around mouth. Using the other flavours instead.

Had a reaction

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had a reaction to this toothpaste. After trying it a few times and with each time I developed sores and infections around my teeth. It took 3 days to be rid of the sores and pain. I did not think at first it could be from the toothpaste but by the 3rd time trying it I realized it is definitely the toothpaste. From the reviews I thought this would be wonderful. I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I must be very allergic to something in this toothpaste!

Reaction to Cinnamon

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I noticed my lips and chin where I dribbled the toothpaste were red after a couple of uses. I think the cinnamon in the toothpaste is a little strong. I've used the other Xyliwhite toothpaste with no trouble. I'm still searching for the perfect toothpaste, if this didn't have sorbitol or cocamidopropyl betaine it would be much better.

irritating

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is a great price but after using up a tube I found that it was very irritating to me gums and tongue. I still have a second tube that I won't use. Too bad because the ingredients are good.

Very irritating

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Stings a lot on gums and lips so this is definitely not for sensitive people. Made my mouth sore for a while after brushing and made the skin around my mouth very red if the paste come to contact with it. The scent and taste is very christmasy (reminds me of gingerbread) but not too icky to make me gag like some other brands. Cleans ok but doesn't whiten teeth at all - quite the opposite: Because of the yellowish color it stained my white toothbrush yellow, too. Due to some not-too-good ingredients (coco sulfate, carrageenan) and the irritation it causes I wont be bying this again.

Misrepresented Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product description boasts, Free of SLS chemicals (sodium laurel sulfate), then it lists, sodium coco-sulfate, which is the exact same chemical the only difference being it is less processed. We are very careful what products we use, and will not purchase this again, instead opting for Nature's Answer, Periobrite Toothpaste. Shame on you Now Foods.

very dissapointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Toothpaste I will not buy again. Not foaming,flavor is super strong. Not refreshing breath at all.

很差

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

以為它天然很好,但它一點也不好,用後嘴唇很刺痛,每一次用它都是受難,用了5,6次後嘴唇就生血泡啦,停用後就沒事。

damages the mucous membranes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The whole "now" of toothpaste, and the cause of allergies - damages the mucous membranes of the mouth and lip skin.