They call it Stevia, but 99 percent of this product is a substance other than STEVIA.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is deceptive for NuNaturals and iherb to call this "STEVIA," because it it is not stevia. It's MALTODEXTRIN with just a hint of stevia. Real stevia has a glycemic index of ZERO, Maltodextrin has a glycemic index of 105, at the top of the index. When I buy tuna, milk or a bag of sugar, for example, I don't expect to find that 99 percent of what I bought is actually some other substance. If I wanted to buy maltodextrin, I'd buy it for $2 a pound, not for $16 for less than a pound.

Choose something else

Posted by Slavik on Sep 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

As NuNaturals web site said "One serving is ½ tsp. powder (1 individual packet). It contains 80 mg of NuStevia extract and 920 mg of Maltodextrin." Maltodextrin has a higher GI than a sugar, so there are like more than 90% sugar in this stuff! I think NuNaturals use it because it's cheaper than erythrol in "NuStevia, No Carbs Blend, 50 Packets", but not because it's better for your health. /////////////// Тут 92% процента мальтодекстрина и 8% стевии

Bitter aftertaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia.

Disappointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Bought this because there was no stock on Nustevia nocarbs blend. I need at least 4 times more of this product for the same sweetness. Plus it contains Maltodextrin which is probably produced from GMO corn.

Do not be fooled

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has maltodextrin in it, so if you are trying to break a sugar addiction, manage diabetes or cut carbs., do not get this. Maltodextrin negates any benefits you would derive from plain stevia. I looked this up, thanks to another reviewer, and found that maltodextrin is highly processsed and refined; glycemic index is higher than white sugar and white bread. BAD STUFF.

Still looking for affordable uncut stevia.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I love using Stevia and have used another brand for about five years. I was disappointed in the product I received because it was not PURE steviia, it has some additives mixed in. I suppose that is to make it pour better. Honestly, when it is time for me to reorder I will look for an affordable brand that has no additives, just pure stevia extract in powdered form. Thanks for asking.

Watch I herb like a eagle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Selling garbage like this,not right I herb.Please don't carry poisons. Maltodextrin should be advertised here...........NOT stevia, .Must be 99 % of Maltodextrin as I sweetened my tea and it put my blood glucose meter in convulsions as it won't read over 600 ! It's worse than poison and as a t1diabetic I'm much better off using brown sugar! No sweet tea for 6 weeks as I can't buy more on my budget......integrity counts in sales too you know. Mabe I can mix it with aspertaime to kill ants in the back yard.

They changed the formula!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this for years and now I find out after calling the company that they changed the formula. Now the product is terrible!!! iHerb has the old photo posted as you can see in the picture it says Dietary Supplement but now the actual bottle says Premium Natural Sweetener. THIS IS JUST AWFUL TASTING!

Bitter tasting

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I wanted a sweetener to replace ordinary sugar on dry cereal. I think the taste is too bitter for that.

not real stevia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I paid good money for this but its not pure stevia. I got sores in my gums and dry mouth due to all other non related supplements added. I don't use it any more! don't buy thus if you wand real pure organic stevia!!

1 2 3