Great soap, but it doesn't get along with white sinks!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is very good for a natural soap bar, with pleasant smell, not too perfumed, as I always prefer. Does it dry my hands? --- The answer is: Yes (each time I wash my hands, I need to use cream afterward). If I could give a note from 1 to 5 for how much this soap dries my hands (where 1=Dove, 5=Protex), I would give 3 to the African Black Soap. The only disadvantage for black soaps is that the white sinks look awful while/ after washing hands --- black soaps leave black parts...

good soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this soap because of the great reviews I read. I have been using it for almost a month and it works well on the body but I'm not seeing great results as a facial soap. I will continue to keep using it to see if I will get a better result.

Nothing special, but nothing bad either

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I used this after an oil-based cleanser. It leaves my combo skin feeling tight and stings if it gets in your eyes. Wouldn't hurry to re-purchase.

Good for exfoliating, but made my skin dry :(

Posted by Alicia on Jan 06, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I really, really wanted to like this soap because it seems to be so famous, and it's all natural, cruelty-free, and it's manufactured by a highly trusted brand... But I was very disappointed when I used it :( I bought it to see if it helped my acne problems but, sadly, it did nothing. I used it for a few months, my acne stayed the same, and on top of that I noticed that my skin became very dry after using the soap, making me feel like I needed to apply an extra dose of moisturizer to compensate. On the other hand, it works very well as body scrub in the shower, particularly my husband used it like that several times and he loved it. But the truth is that I never ordered it again because it didn't do what I expected it to do :( To summarize: Pros: -Lathers really well -Cleanses very well -Makes a great body scrub Cons: -It didn't help my acne -Dried up my skin -Left dark stains on the surface where we stored it after use.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap Bar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

so far so good will recommend to friends

too smelly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

it's a really beautiful soap, the only downside is the smell! it's so overly perfumed in a fake kind of smell. i'd way prefer no scent or a natural scent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I need the old version it suited me better💔💔💔💔💔

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good cleansing properties. But I don't like the scrubs inside.

Nothing spectacular

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Bought because of the rave reviews and thought it might help my keratosis pilaris in my arms.... no visible difference in anything. It is definitely more moisturising than your average soap, and I like the exfoliating oats. Smell is nice, but it didn't work any wonders for me. Don't use on your face - very drying.

i dont get the hype

Posted by my-opinion-moji-utisci on Feb 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

made my skin red smell is realy nice