Moisturizing, but too strongly scented

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 7 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'd been looking for a quality shea butter cream for my hands as I am prone to hand eczema. I was aware that this product did list some flower extracts and other extracts (frankincense and myrrh)and essential oils, so I didn't expect it to be completely unscented. However, I did not expect this cream to have such a strong smell! I use essential oils very frequently, so I familiar with frankincense and myrrh and how EOs should smell. I expected this cream to smell "naturally scented" using these essential oils and other plant extracts,but to me, it smells very "perfumy" and more like artificial fragrance. The smell lasts a long time to the point of being bothersome. Disappointed. It moisturizes well, but is too stinky to use throughout the day after hand washing. I wish they made an unscented version of their shea butter cream.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

I don't like the smell! For me it smells like cheap aftershave balm for mens!

Something wrong with the scent...

Posted by marjaana on November 26 2012 | Verified Purchase

The texture of this product was perfect and it was very moisturizing, but something in the smell of it was just "off" for me. It's very hard to explain, because in a way it's nice and perfume-like, but still - I can't stand it! I gave this to my mother and she loves it.