Not being notified on changes of ingredients

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2017 | Verified Purchase

The Company has changed the package design as well as the INGREDIENTS of this soap, making it less pure and simple like it used to. New ingredients for everyone's reference:- Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Gluconate, Palm Acid, Sodium Chloride, Palm Kernal Acid, Soy Milk, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Boswellia Carterii Resin Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Honey Extract. Not gonna give high ratings whether or not it has the same benefits / extra goodies, since customers are not being notified on the changes, which in turns defied our right to know.

Used to love all Nubian Heritage soaps but now they have changed :(

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 30 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm so disappointed. I have been using Nubian Heritage soaps for over 5 years and loved them for their simple ingredients, moisturising quality and subtle smells. I thought that it was just the packaging that has changed but it seems the product has also drastically changed. First ingredients are now sodium palmate, sodium palm kernealate, water, glycerin and fragrance - seems to be very different from older the older soaps I have unless this was simply omitted previously. Also now listed in ingredients are Tetrasodium EDTA and Tetrasodium Etidronate - not good. Anyway, now I find this one has a smelly fragrance and is drying on my skin, just like every other cheap soap. I won't be buying any more of these soaps :(

Radical Change to Formulation - It is NOT the Same Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am disturbed that this new list of ingredients is marketed under the same name as the previous natural soap. The original formulation has not just been tweaked; it is a radically different product.

Raw Shea Butter soap has sodium palmate instead!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have found another product called Out of Africa and they have shea butter soap with the first ingredient being shea butter, just like Nubian Heritage's old formula. And the price is much, much cheaper. Also, I think this new formula for Nubian Heritage should not be allowed to have the over 1500 comments, with a 4.5 star average, still attached to it. After all, the formula is now different and inferior. It should be categorised as a new product, as this is misleading for new buyers.

Incredibly drying for your skin!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

After reading the reviews on here I thought this soap would be great. It's not. It's HORRIBLY drying. Do yourself a favor- buy S.O.F.- South of France Shea Butter Soap or Mango Soap instead and find out what moisturized skin after a shower feels like. Your skin will thank you for it. PS- I tried to give this soap a ZERO STAR RATING because that's what it deserves, but iHerb won't allow a rating of less than 1 star to be posted so there's your "pity rating" Nubian Heritage!

Its NOT Moisturizing & Very Drying, even to your Summer Skin in tropical climate!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 7 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love the scent of the soap, but this is a typical factory manufactured soap. This soap has no retained glycerine and very drying even to my summer skin of tropical climate of Japan (with humidity of 85% average on daily bases.) I think this is one of the reason they add back the glycerine to the soap hence it is listed as one of the the ingredients. I make my own soap from scratch and my skin is usually glowing in summer time under really humid weather with good oil and natural glycerine in it after curing process, but this soap is very much of factory produced soap and it is extremely drying to my skin. I will try to mimic the scent with my own soap, after looking at the EO incredients, but I will not buy this again. Very disappointing as I love the scent of the soap, but the way they make it is the problem, very drying. I will buy the Lush product over this soap, as it will not even make it this dry...this is a terrible product. Stay away from this product line...

Nubian Heritage - Loses its principles

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 18 2018 | Verified Purchase

I have contacted Nubian Heritage via email on three separate occasions recently and have not received one reply. My query was regarding the downgrading of their body lotions( ingredients wise) and also their soaps as attested to by another customer review on this page. Shea butter used to be 1st or 2nd on the ingredients list but is now way down the pecking order. The further down the ingredients list a particular ingredient is signifies less of that ingredient has being used. They have added in synthetic emulsifiers amongst other ingredients that were not included before. And it is not for your health either. It is because it is cheaper. I received no reply from them regarding my queries I wonder why. As a matter of interest have a look at the ingredients in the out of africa pure shea soap.... spot the difference. I give NH one star for the above reasons, I have been a long time purchaser and user of nubian heritage. But no more.

made me itchy

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

made me itchy, but lathers well

hate the smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've loved other nubian heritage soap I've tried, but the odor of this one was awful. It stinks in my opinion - it gave me a headache, and I threw it away without even using it.

Fragrance didn't work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 16 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use the body wash and lotion and I simple love the fragrance of these items but I didn't like the bar soap.

1 2