Very coconutty coconut oil!

Posted by herbalicious on Sep 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff tastes delicious!! My husband made yummy balls of candy with this that tasted like mounds/bounty! What a wonderful frozen snack! (Mix equal parts of this oil with dried coconut flakes. Add a few drops of stevia and mix well. Roll up into balls and freeze. Then Dip into melted chocolate and refreeze. Yummy!!)

Great organic extra-virgin coconut oil. One of the best on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Jun 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

In addition to being organic, extra-virgin, cold-pressed, unrefined, unbleached, non-deodorized, non-GMO, non-hydrogenated, non-BPA, hexane and BPA free, and kosher, this coconut oil is really delicious and packed with health benefits and can be used both internally and externally. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut oil is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient oil also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut oil can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut oil both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

Nutive Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My husband is a throat cancer survivor; he suffers terribly from dry mouth (the radiation treatments destroyed his salivary glands); the Nutiva has been very effective in soothing his throat.

Great product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This brand is cold pressed - and from what I have researched comes from fresh coconut unlike many other brands on the market. You should double check on this but I know this is one of the better brands and is also unrefined which is what you want. I would't use or buy it otherwise.

Coconut oil as a moisturizer

Posted by bray29 on Jul 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Coconut oil as a moisturizer is fantastic, especially right out of the shower. I use it on my tattoos. Best moisturizer out there. I have read about the OCM method (oil cleansing method)and my wife does this all the time and says it works. Coconut oil is amazing for so many things – you can use it as a deodorant, you can brush your teeth with it, you can treat your hair with it, you can kill lice with it, you can shave with it – the list goes on and on.....

Absolutely love it!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product is great, I use it in the kitchen, and I also put it on my belly, to avoid stretch marks from pregnancy. I take 2-3 tablespoons per day for its beneficial medium chain triglycerides. It smells wonderfully and tastes lovely, pure coconut! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Best Coconut Oil, Not Greasy (Tried Many Brands)

Posted by AdenFox on Aug 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I had this shipped to Singapore (a tropical country) with no issue. This is the best coconut oil I have ever used. I use this for everything, cooking, baking, moiturizing, even for my cat. I have tried several brands, in Singapore, they all have a very stale smell. This has a very nutty smell that compliments with Chocolate when baking. If you love coconut milk, this has a very similar taste as it. I use this for cooking rice as well to give extra fragrance. It makes the rice very similar taste as Nasi Lemak. Other brands leaves a greasy texture whereas this doesn't. I'm sticking to this brand for good.

Good oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The coconut smell is mild as compared to Nature Way coconut oil.

Mellow, Nutty Flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm a huge fan of Tropical Traditions Gold Label coconut oil, so I was interested in comparing the two brands. They both get 5-star ratings from me, but they have very distinct flavors; I can easily tell them apart by smell or taste. The TT brand is more coconutty, and the Nutiva is mellower with a more nut-like flavor. Either one beats the heck out of any other oil I've ever used.

Buttery & Creamy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use Coconut oil for oil pulling... I find this tasty, buttery, & creamy. Real cool texture to the product. Different. I like it. Other coconut oils I have tried are the extra virgin Jarrow & the regular Jarrow which are good also, but don't have the same creamy texture this has.