Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Spirulina is a superfood and considered one of the nutritive and healthy foods! Spirulina contains all traces minerals, every amino acid needed by man (about 60% highly absorbable protein), high beta carotene and other caroteniods like zeaxanthin, vitamin B, E, K, high chlorophyll and healthy fats like GLA, DHA. Spirulina is known for boosting immune system, detoxification of heavy metals, lower high blood pres sure, lower high cholesterol, lower cancer risk, lower heart diseases and many others as well. Spirulina is suitable for vegetarians. One of the debating points about spirulina is whether it contains B12 or B12 analogue (look alike that is inactive). There is a lot of yes and no so you will have to decide whether to supple with additional B12. Hawaiian Spirulina brand (by Cyanotech) is probably the best in the market as they are grown in one of the beautiful islands in Hawaii, far away from the human population. Their spirulina is grown with deep ocean water drawn from below the ocean thus providing all the trace minerals needed. There is no pesticide and herbicide free and non radiated. Hawaii is also full of sunlight, neces sary for the spirulina to grow healthily. This product comes in a glas s bottle, that prevent oxidation better and from UV rays. Note that Hawaiian spirulina used to be considered organic but no longer. This is because Chilean nitrate was not allowed in organic farms in 2005 therefore the organic label was dropped. However, the production is still same as before. I still consider this brand as the best despite the lack of organic label. As regards to their spirulina, this is very dark green in color, compared to other brand, and it tastes better as well. Understandably, the taste is not for everyone. I am not sure how to describe the taste. It just tastes like algae. This nutrex brand belongs to Cyanotech and is considerably more expensive per g as well. Many other well known brands like Now Foods sell Hawaiian Spirulina at lower prices per g but are packed in plastic bottles. Just look for the description ‘Hawaiian Spirulina’ as there is only one company in Hawaii. As for the price, it’s value for money, considering the benefits and nutrients you can get. I take 2 tablespoons daily with 1 tablespoons of chlorella. Normally, I don’t take more than 4 tablespoons daily as it can give me loose stools due to the strong detoxification effect. Best to take a little and increase dosage slowly to avoid harsh detox side effects. Check out my page for more reviews!

Roberto UK (london)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I truly think that this brand of Spirulina is the best I have tried in years of research. Finally a product which gave me fantastic results in less than two weeks. I use it on regular basis on Quinoa, salads or mixed with juices. It's like eating directly from the sea. Very good texture and my body likes it. I feel much more stronger now and healthy as never before. Superfast delivery and hassle-free transaction! I am 110% happy, I really am guys believe me, well done!

hawaiian spirulina

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

the BEST FOOD IN THE WORLD....i have a problem with my bowel movements and i often get constipated but this TOOK CARE OF IT AS SOON AS I TRIED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME!! wholly within minutes!!!!!!! and it gives me sooooooooooo much evergy, im a huge chocolate and coffee junky but ever since i took this stuff my cravings have reduced and ive had evergy all day without feeling hungry..........you could live off this stuff! lol....oh and it makes me skin look A-MAZING! this combined with yaeyama chlorella is the best thing you can put into yourself.....i feel so much cleaner from the inside...oh and also you might experience some bad side effects but they will dissapear in a couple of days....TRY THIS STUFF!! u will not regret...THANK YOU I HERB!!! i love you guys!!

Strong Comparison To Quality Australian Grown Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Australian grown Spirulina over the past 5 years with outstanding results. Due to significant product and local shipping price rises i thought i would try the Nutrex brand for a comparison. After a faster than expected delivery from iHerb.com to Australia, i began using the Nutrex Spirulina and was pleasantly surprised. It matched the quality of the Australian brand with strong indications of Phycocyanin when the remnants of the powder are left to sit in the bottom of the glass. The majority of Spirulina in Australia is re-badged as Australian / New Zealand but the source is generally from northern hemisphere countries and packaged locally. These 'local brands' are nowhere near as potent and lack the depth in the blue tinge - signs of high Phycocyanin levels. The Nutrex brand however is a strong contender when compared to the Australian grown brand. It has a different taste to which is indicative of the sea borne environment in which the Pacifica is cultivated. It has a stronger, more nutty taste with subtle sea weed flavours that i found easier to drink than the Australian brand. I usually take 3 teaspoons per day in several glasses of water but have only started taking 2 teaspoons of Nutrex. I am keen to see how my body reacts over the next 6 months or so. I will purchase again in the future.

my new favorite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

i have been using earthrise spirulina for years and decided to give the nutrex brand a try do to the added nutrition. i feel that the new and improved nutrex has a better taste and consistency than the earthrise. they recommend that you place it in the refrigerator after opening and i really believe that this helps a great deal.

first time user

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I would never order this again.. Horrible smell I almost vomited when I tried to injest it... I wish I could get a refund....uggg pill would work better...

RECIPE INSIDE ! Great product - highly nutritional .

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

highest nutritional spirulina on the market,love the container and great value,better than taking all ingredients inside one by one.you can combine with half amount of chloerella for detox and to avoid the natural after taste of this seaweed try blending 1 heaping TSP of it with 1flat tsp of turmeric powder and a pinch of black pepper inside 2 TBSP of sesame butter (tahini) and a little water hand blended with a spoon,looks nasty but tastes surprisingly good.and a little note for its packaging:although i had to gently peel the aluminum leftovers from the sealing cap without falling into the powder,annoying struggle that i wish Nutrex will improve, i will still give it a 5 stars because all the other characters of this product are just superior- its my second order & will order again. ....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

At first, it tasted yucky with water and chlorella, but now that I am eating healthier, its great. This really can help you boost your energy.

ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Seems ok if you like this kinda thing but I didn't notice any difference in health or energy. The taste is really bad so if you can, I'd reccomend taking the capsule form.

Very high quality -avoid the cheaper nasty alternatives from polluted areas

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This spirulina is very high quality. We used some China stuff made in Mongolia at first without doing any research. This seems to be where the majority comes from because its cheap, although country of origin is often not labelled at all . However, after doing some research I found Nth Mongolia in China is a disgusting place, full of open cast mining for heavy rare earth metals such as Neodymiuim using non-environmental practices. Given that these are often carcinogens its not where your health supplements should be coming from. In fact they have to put plastic covers over the ponds to prevent gross contamination, but you know its going to happen anyway to a lesser extent. Then they don't test for it either much better to not know about it. Its also a cold area and relies on cheap coal power generation, so its bad for the environment too.(Try googling for pics). This stuff is often labelled organic, but under whose certification? And this ignores the contaminants anywyay for sure. Then have a look a Hawaiian spirulina, beutifiul crystal clear warm surroundings no covers needed, it smells better than the China stuff, tastes better and has higher nutritional value when comparing the ingredients.Its not cheap but worth the money after learning about the alternative. I always check the country of origin for spirulina now, If it says nothing then its probably from Mongolia.