Comment by health consultant

Posted by Does-it-do on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a experience of a health consultant. "I have been seeking to clarify what the difference is in tastes, also. I am a health consultant and have recommended the original GSE to my clients for more than a decade. A client came to me with the new labeled bottle, saying it tasted different. I finally called Nutribiotic (the manufacturer). I was told that the manufacturer of Citricidal did not register its product with the FDA, so Nutribiotic could not sell GSE for internal use if it contained Citricidal. Therefore, it now uses other suppliers for its grapefruits. They say that's why it tasted different. They say they can't say that the grapefruits are organic because they make up less than 75% of the whole. I don't believe that is correct. I believe that they could say, in the tiny ingredient list, "organic grapefruit seed extract." What bothers me is the fact that the label still says "Original." It is not the same. Also, I am very concerned to hear that it does not function as well as previous batches. Citricidal used a proprietary process to make grapefruit seed extract so effective at killing the bad stuff without harming the good. If Nutribiotic is now making its own formula, it is unlikely that it is using, or knows, the proper method used in Citricidal. I used Citricidal years before the branded "GSE" came out. It saved my life by finally allowing my gut to return to balance. The old formula saved a family member from getting peritonitis when his appendix burst. This obvious bait and switch by Nutribiotic is very disturbing." As for personal experience - yes, the taste has changed, now it is bitterness. But it seemed heleped anyway. Judge upon yourself.

Best product EVER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is the best cure all I have ever used. I haven't been sick in over a year (since I started using it). Everytime I think I'm getting sick I take a dose and within a few hours I feel all better. The times I have been fighting a serious cold, I have taken it like an anti-biotic (every 6 hours) and I have been able to avoid getting sick everytime. I am the kind of person that gets sick as soon as someone 5 towns over sneezes so to be sick-free for more than 12 months is nothing short of a miracle. This is the only product I have ever gotten relief from for UTIs and it is an almost instant cure for canker sores in the mouth. AMAZING!

FAKE!!!! Not grapefruite seed extract!!!!!!! Beware!!!! Go buy from whole foods and see the difference!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

That's new for me, but I just felt as Neo from Matrix. After opening the package something looked wrong the font on the bottle was slightly different http://www.nutribiotic.com/gse-liquid-concentrate-2oz.html you can see how original one should look like. It actually should peel off as they have additional instructions both in the front and back. Then I decided to taste it. Please beware grapefruite seed extract should taste like Honey it should be very bitter!!!!! Go to whole foods and check the original. The stuff from the bottle I got from Iherbs tastes like honey with some lemon juice. I can't believe they would sell fake extract, now I'm scared of 4 other bottles of vitamins I got from them.

OK........THEY HAVE IMPROVED THE TASTE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I thought there was something wrong with my last bottle of GSE, so I called nutribiotic to check. There was hardly ANY TASTE to it......NO BITTERNESS. GONE!!! They said the formula was exactly the same, but they had changed suppliers and had improved the taste, but stregnth etc. was exactly the same as before. They were trying to inform all their distributers so they could pass along the info. She said they had received tons of calls just like mine, thinking something was wrong with it. Just an FYI for all who take it.

wonderful stuff....

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We live in the country and deal with animals daily...I use this for so many things......to clean bacteria and yeast in laundry, to wash my veggies...I put it in our liquid soap....in dishwater an dishwasher...but the latest things I have discovered...I had what I figured out were planters warts on my feet...and they were beginning to bother me...My daughter works at a podiatrist..and told me some of the treatments...didn't want that....so I started putting this straight on them several times a day for about 2 weeks...they itched like crazy but in about a month....they are completely gone! I was so excited....there was about 6 or 7 of them...I also use it daily for deodorant...for my daughter I put a few dropperfuls in a small spray bottle with water and she just sprays it on when she gets out of the bath...I just put a drop on my fingertip and put a few drops of water mix it around on my finger and rub under my arms...it works wonders! In the So GA heat... outside all day...never a smell... I still sweat( we are supposed to do that!) but no smell! We love it!

Far better than Prescription products

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is more potent against yeast infections than drugs like Diflucan or Nizoral, which have terrible side effects, such as reducing DHEA hormone levels to ZERO! Be sure to have some of this product on hand in case of plague or other biological disaster.

Fake!!!! Don't buy!!!! Many other reviewers agree!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Does not taste like the previous bottle I bought! It is NOT GSE!!!!!!!!!Don't buy!!!!!!

Tastes bad but multi-purpose

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I know that the bitter taste can't be changed considering the source. But I hardly can stand it even in juice. But nothing is better for sores on the gums (10+drops in a cup of h20, gulp & swish before swallowing until it's gone) Mine were gone in days, with no pain, instead of weeks of suffering as usual. Also noticed grapefruit seed extract in some (expensive) 'personal lubricant' at Whole Foods, tried mixing 15+ drops in with 1oz of some I already have , and it makes things far more comfortable, before-during-after... no irritation like I usually get with lubes. I am tempted to give 5 stars, but it just tastes so nasty.

Natural Wonder!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have had dry cracked callused feet for many years (probably the result of fungus). I am using GSE and see an amazing difference. Although it is still a work in progress, my feet have not looked this "normal" in such a long time. I have used many OTC products ranging from athlete's foot medicine to files (sandpaper) with not very good results. I am very pleased @ the difference so far & cant wait until they are completely healed, naturally!!!

GSE, the holistic miracle drug

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Few people realize the amazing ability of GSE in keeping you free of colds all year around. You take the drops and, within a short time, you feel the burst of energy, and the feeling of fatigue the accompanies the the cold is gone. This lasts anywhere from 3-4 hours, but then the fatigue returns. You take the drops again, and the fatigue is gone. You continue, the time between taking the drops widens, and finally you don't need to take the drops and you're over the cold.