Seems to work, even at this low dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Perhaps this will explain why this one seems to be as effective as others we have tried: Our local hospital analysed a selection of probiotics selected from local stores. Amazingly 2 of them had absolutely no living probiotics in them and ALL of the rest of them had extremely small %'s of probiotics: instead of 16Billion, only 70 million! None of the companies had anywhere ne4ar the advertised potency.

The price is good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is good if you don't have serious digestive problem. But if you want to take a probiotic to cure then this product is not strong enough. I also take Dr. Ohhira's Original Formula which has 900 billion in one soft gel which gives you instant effect. It is much more expensive but definitely works. PB8 is good for maintenance.

Similar to other probiotic products, but is not super great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is just so so, it works, but it just depends on your condition I think. I have used this product on and off for about three years. You may not see a significant difference in using it, but it just depends. If you are super deficient in probiotics then you might see a difference, but if you take probiotics everyday and are just looking for a change in brand, it is probably a good choice, but you know the results, your body is just being maintained, so I think it is a decent product.

C. Moore

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have used PB 8 for years now, I am a type II diabetic, and I have not had any yeast infections since being on this product!

gives me diarrhea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Does not really work as intended for me. Instead of making the stomach work, it gives me diarrhea.

Use until gone

Posted by Rena61 on Jan 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Everyone can benefit from using probiotics a couple of times a year. Use until gone, don't try and save them, they will weaken in time. Just buy another bottle when you feel it's time to use them again. I did the "milk test" and these do have live cultures.

I have used this for 10 years

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product keeps my body in balance. I get horrible yeast infections if I do not take acidophilus. I have tried a bunch of different brands, and this particular brand is the best.

Does not work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking these probiotics for two weeks and have not felt a difference. I thought if I increases the amount there would be a stronger affect on my body,but nothing. I will not order again.

Great selection of strains

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I work in pharmacy, and buy these here....much better strain selection then most Aussie versions. Especially for those of us with leaky gut. Easy to Swallow too, and no need to fridge them if your house is a stable normal temperature. Also great value for money. Ps. Can make coconut yoghurt successfully too! And I'm a no fus: Open a few capsules into the warmish coconut milk, stir, and throw in an easyo thermos overnight. Fridge for the day, and your set!

Coincidence or not?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I thought I'd try this product to see if perhaps taking probiotics would help with my occasional nasty night-time visitor - acid reflux. I had twice been given a 30 day prescription for this problem, and it worked, but eventually the reflux would come back. From the time I started taking it to now, about 5 months later, I haven't had a single recurrence. Except for twice during the school holidays when my routine was disrupted and I didn't take it for several days. This is not medical evidence of course, but I take 2 a day, almost every day, and it seems to work for me.