LOVE It, but 160 kcal ??

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

i LOVE these bars, i'm so addicted but when i look at the nutrition facts it confuses me!! it's 6g of fat per serving + 20 g protein + 25 g Carbs 1 g of Fat= 9 kcal 1 g of Protein= 4 kcal 1 g of Carb= 4 kcal when you calculate them (9 x 6 )Fat + (4 x 20 ) Protein + (4 x 25 )Carbs = 234 kcal !!! SO.. This bar in fact more than 160 kcal !! as you see it's 234 kcal according to my calculation *Note : not only this flavor, all of them actually are more than what it's written on them

Dear QUEST, bring back the OLD & ORIGINAL recipe please

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Quest will deny it, but they've re-formulated about all their bars AFAIK, and the new recipe tastes TERRIBLE! Bars now contain PALM OIL!! They are chewy (bad chewy, not a pleasant this-bar-will-last-even-longer chewy) , taste nowhere near as good as before, and i found the double choc chunk ones were like dry, hard, chewy taffy cardboard with a horrible chemical aftertaste!! #superdisappointed. Oh, AND i got major indigestion afterwards! i bought the same bar from a different supplier to get a different batch. Same new ingredients list, same disappointment, same indigestion discomfort/pain afterwards.... Which makes you wonder whether any of their nutritional claims are true/were ever true? Am, fingers-crossed cookie-dough one is safe but that seems to have different recipe too now! I WILL NOT re-purchase.

Delicious...but...

Posted by IndyCat on Dec 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love Quest bars and have been buying them for several years. However, after testing my blood sugar after eating one bar, I am shocked, as it rocketed up from about 90 to over 180. There is some information that the added fibre product can affect people with sensitive blood sugars, so please be careful. I still love them, and due to the protein, still buy them, but cut them up into tiny pieces like fudge.

Why change the ingredients???

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I used to love all of these bars but after changing ingredients and add palm oil they make me nauseous and they don't taste good anymore. So sad because I miss my daily protein wrapped up in a delicious little pack called questbars.

Not for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These where not for me, it tasted strange, with the stevia aftertaste. The only reason I will eat them is that it is natural, with few but recognizable ingredients!

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good but not as amazing as cookies & cream and cookie dough bars!

Didn't meet my expectations..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I really hoped they would be a good, but I like my cinnamonroll ones much more, although I'm a chocolate lover!

The protein bar that set the benchmark has fallen :(

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been a consumer and a big fan of Quest bars for over 3 years (originally the Dark Chocolate flavor but nowadays the Double Chocolate Chunk flavor). Recently I had 2 really bad boxes of Double Chocolate Chunk(had to toss both of them in the garbage). The bars tasted weird. I thought it was some change in the recipe and went ahead and ate it on 2 consecutive days. On both days, right after I ate the bar, I felt completely nauseous. There were even traces of green fungus in one of them. Somehow moisture has crept into the manufacturing process. That is the only logical explanation that I can come up with. As I said, it has never happened before in all these years, so not sure what has changed on the manufacturing and packaging lately. For the record, the bars had an expiration date of August 2017. iHerb refunded the cost of the bars but it still has left me with a bad experience. Not sure if it is time to do my research for an equivalent, but I am truly at a loss as to how/why this happened.

Meh

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Least impressive quest bar flavor. It's like a less intense version of the chocolate brownie, with 2 'chunks' of chocolate if you're lucky. Won't repurchase this flavor.

Too dry, too sweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These bars were way too sweet (1 gram of sugar?), dry and dense. Did not enjoy the flavor and couldn't even finish one.