Covers grey well with great conditioning effect

Posted by sandyngsh on March 15 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have been using rainbow research henna persian black for more than 2 years. It coats my grey well, it's natural and has great conditioning effect. My hair used to be brittle and it breaks easily when I was using chemical dyes. Long healthy dark hair was something I could only dream of. These days, I get stopped and asked about my hair. Henna has been transformative in my hair care journey. Its messy, tedious, and gives me a headache after being in my hair for 5 hours but it's something I will always go back to every 3 months because it's worth the mess and the aches. I'm glad I discovered rainbow research brand in iherb and got my hands on indigo henna. I used to buy henna from ethnic store and it only coats my hair with red highlights which is not flattering. Please do not ever discontinue this product.

Good result

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

I usually do a two step process first with henna and then with indigo. I found the results of persian black comparable and a lot quicker. I mixed mine with tea and added some apple cider vinegar as well as olive oil as suggested in the instructions.

Rainbow Review

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 16 2010 | Verified Purchase

Persian Black is not effective as I thought.

Even messier

Posted by ATurkinMaryland on February 12 2014 | Verified Purchase

These products are good quality and works the way intended however definitely messy to carry out in the home. It does stain so be careful.

Might work for some but ...Did not work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28 2016 | Verified Purchase

Did everything as instructed. Rainbow Research, Henna (Persian black) turned my gray lite-lavender.

Henna hair black color (Rainbow research)

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 25 2017 | Verified Purchase

At first I was a bit skeptical when I first bought it. Just wanted to experiment with natural organic hair colors because as you grow older you should be more careful with chemicals. I once bought a henna product from an Indian grocery store. It never worked. But iherb's Rainbow brand worked. It gave detailed instructions. Followed all the special tips e.g to use together with boiled English tea and warm head for one hour with a shower cap. I believe in iherb products and love experimenting new products off and on. Price is right.

Good for making hair stronger

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good for making hair stronger, however it doesn't dye hair very well. My dark brown hair got a least one tone darker after using this product. Actually I expected better results in coloring. But overall, it is nice. It leaves your hair thicker and stronger

Exactly what i expected to get

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have a light colored hair, the color i got is medium brown. Really good treatment, the hair is much thicker.

Goodbye Grey

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

If you follow the instructions you will get great results. Works excellent on my grey hairs.

Great color

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 20 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have natural long hair and this works great! It's messy to get out and put on but I would rather have that than harmful chemicals in my hair! I find my hair so soft and if you have curly hair it does help relax the curl. I'm mixed and it makes my curls relax to nice waves! 👍🏽I do use white ginger and brewed coffee to mix mine since I have a lot of gray!