I believe this is a very good salt. It is always difficult to tell for sure with this kind of product whether it is truly what it says. But if it is unrefined and has it's full compliment of minerals still intact that is what I am looking for. I certainly don't have any negative reactions to using it and I use a lot of it. Which I certainly wouldn't do if it was your typical toxic table salt that has been demineralised and usually has toxic aluminium added as well. this is a great alternative and a way better price than I can buy locally.