Way too oily but it's organic!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Sep 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The scent is milder than that of NOW brand pomegranate lip balm which is a plus. But like all olive oil based lip balms such as Badger, it is way too oily and doesn't last long on the lips, plus the feeling is not pleasant. I much prefer waxier balms like NOW but that's not an organic brand. Beeceuticals strawberry was the cadillac of lip balms being that it also acted as a gentle but potent lip exfoliator. Unfortunately, as I predicted in my review, it was promptly discontinued (as is everything perfection I fall in love with) but luckily I stocked up on those so I'm all set for a while. 3 stars for being organic and for being a tad less oily than Badger brand.

Good lip balm

Posted by Trulyislander on Sep 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The lip balm is ok. I found it a little hard and I am living in Singapore where the weather is hot. Like something that is softer and more lubricating,

Nice lip balm

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Nice to carry it in a bag for emergencies (yes there can be an emergency haha) but not nourishing enough Made of beeswax which slides well on the lips and protect the lip (although it needs several applications througout the day) but it does not heal dry an/or damaged lips Nice smell (hence the stars ^^)

review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

So far so good

Not enough for very dry lips

Posted by EndlessSummer on Feb 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It didn't work for my dry lips... I felt like sometimes it worsen the trouble. I think it might work for slightly dry lips that doesn't need too much moisture, just something light to lock humidity. I will probably use it when my lips will be better to keep them moisturized. For very dry and chapped lips, maybe a product with Shea butter would work better to repair skin as it did for mine. I only use raw shea butter by now.

Nice lipbalm

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I appreciate the minimal list of ingredients, and how small it is. However i do not like the smell, which is nice but i assumed would be more pronounced. I also have to reapply quite frequently, and i don't find it as protective on the lips. I think i just prefer lipbalms with butters and waxes inside.

It's ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

First i liked it but after using it for a while i noticed that it stopped moisturizing my lips plus it started leaving the residue which i hate. So i got back to my favorite dr.bronner's lip balm which i buy here btw

Prefer the vanilla

Posted by eathealthy on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Have come back on to rewrite review as I don't care for the smell of this lip balm. I like the way it feels and tastes but there is a slight rotten smell about the pomegranate. If someone is sitting next to me they will say "What is that smell?" and not in a complimentary way. Get the vanilla - it is much nicer! If you like my review check out my page by clicking my name in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Quite good.

Posted by acumen on Oct 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

All Madre's lip balms are ok. Nothing special, but very okey for the price. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Smells a lot like very hemp seed, but nice and healthy.