Too much taste and smell of alcohol

Posted by 94Tina on Sep 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think you can really smell and taste the alcohol in this one. Especially when you use too much - which is quite easy to do, because of the big opening on top. I have to pour it in to the lid before adding it to my food, so I won't pour out too much. I like the fact that it's orcanic and has few ingredients, though.

hard to pour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

the product is okay, does its job. but not loving the packaging. i spill more extract down the sides of the bottle than getting it into the teaspoon all the time.

Wish better bottle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Though it's very good quality and I'm happy, the bottle should be better, especially for this kind of thing, which you want total control of how much amount you want to pore. Every time I use it, lot's of liquid spill over outside of the bottle and the bottle gets messy as well as the liquid get wasted. I wish they use better bottle!

Good taste.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This vanilla extract has a good taste, but the bottle is very difficult to pour from. Therefore I don't give it top rating.

nice and rich

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I always love the vanilla beans aroma. As extract aroma just can't compare with that.

Disappointing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Little disappointing. Very weak taste. But if using more than required in recipe, then very strong alcoholic aftertaste. But giving 3 stars for organic quality and price!

Not the taste that I expected

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Smell like alcohol and rarely taste vanilla.

Did not taste it yet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Even I have not tasted it yet, I read reviews that mentioned that organic vanilla extratc in alcohol is better than in water...

My 1st organic vanilla extract

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Hmm. .. as I ve been using imitation vanilla essence for yrs nw. Was happy to find this as it's organic so it's healthier. Honestly I was disappointed after I had opened it, Smells really mild. Bright side is I m using a healthy choice.

Not enough vanilla for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It has very mild taste of vanilla and I don't like the alcohol in it. Otherwise quite good product. maybe I should use more of it to get stronger vanilla taste.

1 2 3