More complete than most but still need to add supplements

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

What I really like about this product is that it has decent amounts of most vitamins and even dares to go over the lowly RDA's with some nutrients. Another plus is that unlike so many other prenatals, which maddeningly use Pre-formed vitamin A which is well known to potentially cause birth defects, it uses beta-carotene as its vitamin A source which is safe. I also like not having to take an extra calcium supplement although that comes at the price of needing to take 4 tablets a day. However I still supplement B, C, D and E as the levels are below what works for me personally. I would not supplement the vitamin D except this supplement uses D2 instead of the more bioavailable form D3 - cholecalciferol. This is however the closest to complete prenatal with a reasonable price tag that I have found so far. Now that I am suffering quite bad heartburn I am tasting the tablet coming up and it is not nice but I really dont know that I can blame the tablet for this since this happens with anything I consume. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Best Vitamins - EVER!

Posted by Reviewer1856477 on Apr 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I absolutely LOVE these vitamins. I am so pleased with Solgar's quality! Prenatal Nutrients don't contain herbs like some natural vitamins do (my doctor is very concerned about certain herbs in prenatals). I also appreciate the amino acids and the full day's dose of calcium. I have never felt better than I have since I started taking these. My energy is much higher. I started taking them a few months before I got pregnant, will keep taking them through nursing, and will probably continue to take them after that because of how great they are!

The BEST Vitamins for Prenatal and Breast-Feeding Moms!

Posted by 4663755393093875298 on Jul 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These vitamins are fantastic! I took these during my first and second pregnancies and a year afterwards while breastfeeding my first and now with my second baby. Before my first pregnancy, compared ingredients and RDA's and these came out on top. I again did another comparison this pregnancy and they're still the best I have found. My children are happy and healthy and so am I, and I'm an older mom who had 2 fertility miracle babies. Solar products are high quality and I feel great on these vitamins. Thanks iHerb for carrying them and shipping so promptly!

100%

Posted by Reviewer2241127 on Jul 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I think these are great vitamins because, unlike many other prenatals, they contain 100% of RDA for all the vitamins and minerals you need. Other vitamins might have 300% - 600% of your RDA (especially of the B vitamins), and that is hard for me (and my bladder)to tolerate. So the amount in these vitamins is good, and the fact that you can spread out the 4 over several meals if you need to. I also like that the vitamin A is all Beta Carotene, it confuses me how close to the upper limit of Vitamin A many of the other brands contain. These are also easy to swallow.

I really like Solgar Prenatal Nutrients

Posted by Reviewer2469008 on Dec 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really like Solgar Prenatal Nutrients. You take 4 tablets per day with meals, so the dose is low. The benefit is that it doesn't upset the stomach. I was able to take them when pregnant even though I was sick most of the 9 months, and now I take them as my multi vitimin while breast-feeding. I think they are high-quality, and I recommend them to women who are pregnant, want to get pregnant, or are breast-feeding moms.

Everything you need!

Posted by Reviewer2645429 on Apr 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Everything a pregnant or lactating women needs! I do take 2 tablets a day because this is the recommended serving size in the Netherlands. Product is much cheaper at iherb!

Odd colour change, but good product

Posted by Reviewer1348197 on Jan 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is good product. I bought these from local store first time (60 tablets) and I was satisfied. Only thing that I wonder is the colour of the tablets. In my 60 tablets bottle these were brown but in this 240 tablets bottle I purchased from here these are purple!

Best prenatal for me

Posted by 5097837852410615234 on Jul 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

my blood tests were always great while taking this prenatal. also the price is very acceptable!

Very nutritious, just smells bad

Posted by OliviaIrene on May 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking these vitamins for a few days now and like the fact that the majority of supplements in it are 100% of the recommended daily value intake. The only drawback I have, which normally doesn't bother me with vitamins, is how they smell. The second I open the jar, it literally smells like pee--it's unfortunate for me to say because I like them and will continue taking them. I would just have to say its the worst-smelling vitamin I've ever taken. If you're feeling nauseated, hold your breath in the process of gulping down these pills. Other than that, they are golden!

Best Multivitamin

Posted by 5671586975706040022 on May 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product as soon as I found out I was pregnant and it has really worked from day 1. Love it, I am due to have my baby soon, will continue to take through breastfeeding.