Bascially Black pepper and taste like it, supposed to help absorption of curcumin

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Supposed to wildly increase the adsorption of Curcumin and perhaps other supplements

Neutral

Posted by TriedandTested on Sep 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take 1 tablet twice a day in the hopes of increasing the amount of nutrients absorbed by my system, but I'm not sure if it's helped after taking this for 4 months.

Source Naturals, BioPerine - Bioperine says it increases absorption better ...

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I didn't feel any increase in effect when I take this with my blood pressure meds. But that's not conclusive though, I would have to be more scientific about. Anyways ... research and clinical trials show a significant effect when taken with prescription meds ... so, please be forewarned when using this. The plus side is, if you already know that it /potentiates/ the effect of the drug you take, you can decrease its dosage while using BioPerine. Result? you save on your drug expenses! (You need first to know how it affects you though. And better -- consult with your MD). >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

Difficult to know how beneficial this product is

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have not experienced any noticeable effect (positive or negative) since starting this product. It's difficult for me to determine whether the bioavailability of my vitamins or other supplements is enhanced by this product.

not sure how effective it is

Posted by nutranut on Jun 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I add bioperine to my other supplements in order to increase their absorption. The research I have done indicates that this will enhance the bioavailability of other supplements. When you go to the time, trouble, (not to mention the expense), of taking supplements, you want to get as much out of them as you can. Some of my supplements are to enhance good health and prevention, but some supplements that I take are to help with certain conditions. I want to do the most I can to make sure my body absorbs and uses the supplements I'm taking. Otherwise I won't know if it's the lack of absorption or if the supplements didn't work or if I just didn't need them.

Liver problem

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately, has a lot of preserves.

Ok