Review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

it says to take three tablets but, I feel 1 is enough. works good.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

currently trying this out

Posted by Anaterma on Aug 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i didn't feel much of an effect from these. i feel kinda jealous of people who write about walking into paradise garden after taking it or something. i also give one tablet to my boyfriend in the morning before work and i think there were some improvements in his mood since he was stressed at work.

helps me get to sleep!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

amazing product for helping me to fall asleep and stay asleep

I love this stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love using Tryptophan. I was looking for something that would help me get a deeper more restful sleep at night after 5 years of sleep deprivation following the arrival of my 3 sons. I was having trouble going to sleep and waking easily through the night. I was feeling quite irritable, out of balance and I have anxiety with OCD traits. My Dr Advised that it may be depression and to journal my symptoms and consider future use of medication. I didn't want to turn to medication right away. I found out about Tryptophan and I liked the idea of how it helps boost the bodies ability to produce melatonin and serotonin in its natural form. So I started on 500mg at bedtime with 500mg of GABA. On the plus side i woke feeling great, well rested and clear thinking, more energy, positivity and no irritability. I actually felt like I really slept and I know I did because I was dreaming big time, I usually don't dream or rarely remember them. On the minus side by noon i was starting to slow down, feeling an afternoon slump and I had bad dreams with one night waking with heart palpitations. I was experiencing horrible nightmares for 3 nights straight so I decided to stop for a day. The irritability returned following a poor night of sleep. I decided to take 250 mg with 500 mg of GABA at bedtime and that seemed to work for me. I'm about 150 lbs and 5'4" so maybe I don't need a high dose. I feel great on it and couldn't imagine going a night without it.

Brilliant Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product has a terrifically positive effect on my mental well-being. I recommend it to enhance the effect of SSRIs or on its own for helping bring about a feeling of happiness & well-being.

helps with sleep and mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I usually take melatonin for sleep issues but found especially in the winter that I am very glum and pessimistic probably due to reduced sun exposure. Tryptophan is great at converting to melatonin or seratonin depending on the body's need. I have been taking this for about two weeks and sleep is great and mood is much much better overall. I take one at night. I found that it takes about 2 hours before I feel ready to sleep. No grogginess. Could continue to stay awake if I decided to. I like that it doesn't feel like a drug effect. Very mild but effective.

Very helpful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have now better sleep and more deeply.

Helps with sleep and depressions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Take 1 tablet to minimize low moods and 2-3 tablets to help fall asleep. Repeat as necessary. Very grateful for this wonderful product!

very good product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It has helped me fall asleep quickly.