melatonin for kids - read this review!

Posted by madamechausseurs on Jun 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My 10-yr-old son has mild Sensory Integration Disorder and consequently can't shut himself down for sleep. Knowing Melatonin is used for kids on ADD meds I researched dose, efficacy and safety extensively - this is what I found: very safe and effective but even adults will have the best results with very small doses - LESS than 1MG (MIT study). We have split 1mg pills in quarters for 2 years and had TREMENDOUS SUCCESS! Try it.

Happy dreams without pharmaceuticals

Posted by mikeinbc on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Source Naturals melatonin is a safe, inexpensive, and effective antioxidant that helps me get a good nights sleep. I had suffered from insomnia for over a year. I had difficulty falling asleep and I woke up several times during the night. With melatonin, I fall asleep quicker and seldom wake up in the night. Conservative professionals recommend 1mg or less per evening. I use 1/4 mg with great success. These pills are easy to break into smaller doses. Simply break the pill in half with your fingers and then into quarters. For greater success, I take melatonin with 150-300 mg of magnesium citrate. Happy dreams :)

Great stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I break these in half, and sleep like a baby. Great antioxidant as well.

effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

so much better than now foods

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

strong enough to get a good nights sleep without morning drowsiness.

works for me

Posted by teacup on May 31, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for about a year and it is the best "for me" and I have tried almost every other brand available. All I need is one tablet every night at about sundown for a good night's sleep.

No like

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've tried a few nights, and this product always makes me disoriented/dizzy. I have to be careful as I am on psych meds. I've switched to 'Life Extension, 1mg Melatonin.' No problems with this, except some grogginess in morning.

Take half or less tablet at the beginning

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Melatonin is great thing to help for insomnia. I always have had troubles to get asleep. Melatonin helps very good, you just need to know that you will not be asleep after 10 minutes as some people say, for me it takes 30-60mins and it's good for me. I just take it before I start night routine and when I am in bed it's just 10-20 mins and I am asleep. It is a great progress since I used to need an hour or two to asleep. Also I recommend to start with a 1/4 of tablet - it was enough for me for months, then I realized I needed to increase the dosage so I started to take 1/2 of tablet, then 3/4 and now I take the whole 1 mg.

Great for my autistic/ADHA son.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My 7 year old son had been prescribed 2mg melatonin from his paediatrician to help him sleep at night which was costing $45 a month. This alternative is saving me so much money and it works just as good. Really happy with this product.

Helps me sleep without making me drowsy the next day

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great product. I take one of these when I have anxiety-related insomnia, and within 30 minutes I'm drowsy enough to fall asleep.