Remarkable results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking NOW butterbur with feverfew for several years for migraines (mine are brought on by sensitivities to foods, some herbs, and toxins, not hormonal). The NOW product did reduce severity of migraines by around 75% (almost never a bad headache anymore - just the aura and sometimes a slight headache). Along with migraines, I've recently been plagued by cystitis (bladder pain). For some reason (maybe NOW was out of stock at the time), I decided to try this product instead of the NOW product, not really having any expectations regarding the cystitis. So, here are my results: so far, fewer migraines as well as still much less severe than before butterbur *and* bladder pain/cystitis is almost gone!! I've even tested some of the foods that seemed to aggravate the situation, and so far, no problem!! I am very impressed and of course very happy. Will continue to use this product over NOW even though it's more expensive. Update 12/5/10: Well, unfortunately bladder pain has returned. Interstitial cystitis isn't easy to treat and comes and goes. I'm now trying marshmallow root, slippery elm, and colostrum. Still love this product for the migraine benefit though.

No more Claritin !

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product, used in combination with Eclectic Institute's Stinging Nettle and Jarrow Formulas Quercetin 500 mg has worked wonders for my husbands spring allergies!

Butterbur extract gel caps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2006 | Verified Purchase

My daughter had severe bladder problems for 2 years, and completely puzzled Scottish Rites Children's Hospital in Atlanta, Butterbur was recommended by a health food shop, and miraculously, the majority of her urinary problems have decreased significantly, If you have the constant need to urinate, please try these, they have changed our lives.Thank you so much.

Used to prevent migraine headaches. Also used for sinus pressure and headache.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My son takes one before an intense workout to prevent a migraine attack. It is best taken beforehand or when you feel the migraine coming on. It does not seem to work when the migraine is full flown and/or you already feel nauseous. I take it for mild headaches. It also alleviated sinus pressure caused by allergies.

Frequent Urination

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

For a year, I had a constant need to urinate. It made my life totally miserable. I went to 7 medical specialists who put me on 5 different medications, but nothing helped me. I read about Urovex Butterbur by accident one day in an effort to heal myself after visiting an alternative practitioner. After taking 150 mg. per day after about 1 month my frequent urination problem went away. I continue to take 150 mg. per day to this day and I will never stop. Try this wonderful treasure if you have these problems.

Great source for headache relief AND asthma support

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Butterbur has been used in Europe for many years as a support for asthma patients. I understand that it has also been found to positively impact migraine headaches. In my case it decreased the frequency of migraines. And I've not had to use 'rescue' relief for my asthma symptoms for 2 years now.

Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Set back, it makes you drowsy, so make sure you are not driving or using any machinery when taking this product.

Butterbur for migraines

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Butterbur was recommended by my neurologist and a friend for migraine prevention. Since I have been on Butterbur I have not gotton any major migraines. So far I am very happy with the product.

David, San Rafael, CA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have found Butterbur reduces frequency of bad migraines, though I still get mild ones. It also has a mild tranquilizing effect and taking one before bed helps me to sleep better, but if I take one in the morning I can feel slightly fatigued for a few hours.

hom4gud

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been plagued by sinus problems for almost 3 decades. Frustrated with the medication, I asked my doctor for a non-prescription alternative. He said Butterbur was the best option he is aware of. It has helped, but not eliminated the problem. I added hypertonic Saline spray and use the Neti-pot daily, and the combination is very helpful. I also had migraines, and Butterbur has shown promise in helping these as well.

1 2