so so green tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

it is not green ,but brown when brewed. the sencha green tea i herb sells is much much better. this tea is "grocery store quality"..not the usual Iherb stuff. it is low cost tho

Taste terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This tea is not true gunpowder. It's loose leaf, as opposed to the tightly wound ball of true gunpowder green. Also, has no flavor and leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. Will not purchase again.

What happened? What is going on with this tea?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

> It has a lovely taste, is mild and does not get bitter. I gave it a 5 star review back in the day. No more. Correction (2017): I have no idea what they did to this tea, but for the last two seasons, it makes me feel awful. It consistently gives me a sinus infection. Consistently, it has been two years. By now I am positive that it' s the tea, I ruled out every other variable. It does not have the same effect on my spouse, though, so your mileage may vary. On the other hand, my spouse barely drinks it. He hates it, so whatever. Something is wrong with this tea. It didn't use to be the case about four years ago. Apparently, something has changed about how it's made. China is notorious for shortcuts and dirty tricks in food production; without stringent oversight by Starwest Botanicals, all bets are off what's going on in there. Someone should look into it. It is not the same tea at all.