STARWEST KELP - WORST KELP EVER!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried different brands of kelp powder and this is the worst. The color is not green as good quality kelp should be. Instead it is a clay color. Also the taste and smell are not reminiscent of the ocean, as good kelp is. It smells like clay and tastes like clay. I should have known better than to order the Starwest brand, since I ordered their nettles before and it was very poor quality. However, I took a chance on their kelp because I figured that kelp would be difficult to downgrade into poor quality. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson. I will never buy the Starwest brand again. I will have to use what I bought for my plants and maybe for applying to my thighs for reducing cellulite, as another reviewer suggested. Try the Frontier brand for better quality kelp powder. Try Mountain Rose Herbs for the best quality.

Finely ground

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like this kelp powder, because it's so finely ground. Most products that I have seen are too coarse for minerals to effectively assimilate into your body. Of course this kelp tastes terrible, as all kelp does, but you can try to blend it with something else to hide the taste. Maca powder works surprisingly well in this regard, and maca is healthy to eat in itself.

I add it to my green smoothie

Posted by yourhealthsuccess on May 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It's chock full of iodine so we all need this kelp and the powder is so convenient for my green smoothies!

Very nice product that keeps my dogs' teeth healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I feed a raw diet to my dogs and add kelp for it's mineral content. The added benefit over the years has been that their teeth stay plaque free. I stopped using kelp for a while and noticed the tartar return which proved to me that the kelp has an anti-plaque effect. This powder mixes in quite well with their food and they seem to like the slightly fishy taste.

Great Sea Kelp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use Sea Kelp for facial mask and scrub. Add water in and way to go. Sea Kelp is great on my face. The smell is like Seaweed. The price is right and organic.

Made in China.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I don't trust organic products from China. This didn't taste very good either. I won't be buying again.

kelp powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was pleased with the amount of power for the price, but find it suspiciously tasteless. The kelp I'd previously used was more like a ground kelp with flakes large enough to recognize as kelp. It also had a slightly fishy taste that, while not tasty, was also not overpowering - such that I could eat it sprinkled on top of my jelly toast. iHerb's powder is, as I mentioned without taste, but of a consistency that it can be felt on my tongue when I eat my toast. In all, I prefer my old brand. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere, so until the bag I bought from iHerb is gone, I will make do. Then I will look for another brand with a product more like my old one. Jodi

Not good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Just not good

GREAT FOR SMOOTHIES

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This blends well in smoothies. By itself, I am sure it must taste gross since it smells gross, but blended in a protein smoothie with coconut milk, you can hardly taste it, and the health benefits are huge.

Blecchhh!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten.