Really Disapointed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This spirulina is really slimy and horrible to take in water which I did with Now Foods spirulina. I have had many different brands of spirulina over a 20year period and have never tasted anything like this. I took one teaspoon and considered sending it back. What a waste of money. Whats more is, there is not organic standard in China and even its food standards are very lose and highly controversial.

is it "opened"

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Algae is indigestible by humans unless the cell wall has been opened by milling or sound waves or something - I can't find any information about whether this is opened or not and other nutrtitional analysis, such as heavy, metals. Since it is grown in China I'd be concerned about that.

Disappointed - Product from CHINA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I didn't notice that the product is from China until I opened the box from iHerb, and didn't check out the reviews before purchase. I guess the word Organic was enough for me so didn't read the description fully after that where it says the origin is China. I have no intention of consuming this particular product.

great and cheap spirulina

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This was the cheapest Spirulina that I could find in the stores, or on the Internet (1 lb/$25). It is a product of great quality, organic, and it tastes like good spirulina. I use one tbsp of it every morning, blended with some almond milk and ground-up Chia seed. It makes a great substitution for breakfast. Since i started using it, I noticed that my blood-sugar level does not fluctuate as it used to. I do not need to carry around snacks with me anymore. I have recommended it to friends already. I really hope they will keep selling it for a very long time!

origin: China -> AVOID at all costs !!!

Posted by emanuela on Nov 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Need I say more? This comes from China, a heavily polluted country You just CANNOT TRUST that it is free of contaminants or good quality. What a shame! Do yourself a favour and avoid this product and any other "superfoods" from China, except perhaps goji berries (as they come from the mountainous regions) Hope this information helps you keep good health!

Superb Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

First I must say to all the negative reviewers, you are robbing yourselves of vital nutrients that your body need! I've been taking this product for the past 5 years and let me stress how much my health has improved over that period. No more hard stools, no more sleepless nights, no more moodyness, no more pimples, no more menstrual issues, no more frequent trips to the bathroom and the list goes on! This product is execellent in so many ways and every adult on this planet should be taking this truly remarkable product!

Incredible!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've just started putting spirulina in my morning fruit smoothy....In my morning rush to make it to my nursing job at 6:45 it provides a wonderful burst of energy that lasts 'til lunch....I really don't need to lose weight but can see how this could help....It seems to keep me sated 'til lunch with as I indicated before, plenty of wonderful energy and an up mood! One added bonus...I started rinsing out my blender and dumping the residue into my house plants and they love it too! The only 'downside' is it turns my smoothies a kinda ugly color... but the benefits are well worth the good natured teasing.... and also I REALLY notice a difference in my energy level if I don't get my dose or leave my smoothie on the counter in my rush to get out the door.....

Great prize for organic spirulina

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

but seems Chinese spirulina has lower B-!2 than Pacifican? There are no nutrition information on the package or on their site. Still they seems very serious.

Organic, but not as tastey as Source Naturals Spirulina

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I will switch back to Source Naturals Spirulina next time. It is not organic, but it tasted so much better than this one, and I noticed the energy boost within days.

Best for body wrappings !!!

Posted by BeautyMariya on Dec 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If you want to lose some cm and make your skin more tight just do wrappings with this powder!! I lost 5 cm for 2 weeks, 1 lb is enough for more than 20 wrappings !! I am enjoying my soft and youthful skin :)