anti inflammation

Posted by Reviewer1404169 on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

i have been taking turmeric for many years for pain. this batch from starwest botanicals is not fresh, does not have that turmeric smell (almost stale smell).trashed it after one use. sorry that's the truth.all other product have been great.

Good

Posted by francesjoan on Sep 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Based on reseach and other's comments I bought this for long term health. Mercola.com says to add 1 tablespoon tumeric to 1 quart boiling water which makes tumeric more absorbable. Works for me. This tumeric is organic but somewhat different from Frontier brands. Seems to almost have some ginger overtones. I love ginger so no problem with that.

Great product!

Posted by 5712866017306315198 on Jun 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take turmeric for my Arthritis. I have tried other organic turmeric from this web site and they did not work. Star west seems do work well.

starwest turmeric

Posted by Reviewer1439551 on Mar 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

like the foil bag; the turmeric powder itself didn't seem to have enough zing upon opening; the volatile oil seemed to have previously escaped or was removed; manufacturer needs to check this out; do like the fact that iherb is trying to carry bulk herbs and spices

Crohn's food

Posted by 5324077134647419475 on Jul 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Some brands have been hit or miss making me sick, but this one was okay. Edit: many packages later, still other brands make me sick and this is okay.

Great value, good product, potent stuff

Posted by 5528018204925581758 on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I use this for cooking as well as for Turmeric Face Masks (which has helped with my acne/skin problems). This product is much more potent than normal store bought turmeric. Noticed effectiveness of mask straight away after switching to this organic product versus store bought standard stuff. Stains everything so avoid getting on clothes!

Help Inflammation

Posted by Reviewer1085743 on Jul 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Starwest Botanicals is a great company. Their organic Turmeric Root Powder is fresh and works wonders as an anti-inflammatory tonic. I like it as a tea with ginger and a little sweetener like stevia. It has really help me feel better. Best of all it has done wonders with minstrel cramps.

Turmeric

Posted by Reviewer2981997 on Oct 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use atleast a teaspoon of this spice with vegetables on a daily basis for the curcumin with its numerous benefits. It's fatsoluble so I add coconut oil and a hint of black pepper for better absorption. Hoping for the curcumin to ward off dementia. After a month of regular use I've noticed it's great for the skin, seems to work from the inside out moisturising and adding a certain glow.

Great for Inflammation!

Posted by Reviewer1149187 on Aug 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Suffering from leaky gut, this product has soothed inflammation and has allowed my intestinal tract to heal. Excellent for overall detox as well!

yumm...love this

Posted by Reviewer1676014 on May 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love this gorgeous yellow staining spice... use stainless and wear black! It is worth it...I even have a yellow silicon spatula just for this.