Product of Taiwan & Tested for Radiation

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Before I purchased this product, I called Sunfood to check the origin of spirulina and chlorella. I heard that they came from South Korea and are grown indoors to avoid contamination. (They are not USDA Organic because they are grown indoors, I also heard.) When I received my order, "Product of Taiwan" was printed on the back. I called again to clarify the conflicting info and spoke with Jay. He said chlorella-only tablets are from South Korea, but this 50/50 tablets are from Taiwan. Whether they are from South Korea or Taiwan, they are grown indoors to avoid contamination and are tested for purity, including radiation. After Fukushima, you should be really careful with algae, so I was glad to learn that Sunfood understands the importance of product safety. (FYI: Another company that makes radiation-tested algae products is HealthForce Nutritionals.)

Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Posted by sharonhiulam on July 11 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have no idea why iHerb would omit to put this warning in the product description and I have absolutely no idea how it would even be legal to sell a product known to cause birth defects or reproductive harm. Only came to notice this warning on the package after a few days of use and I'm throwing it out to protect my future children.

Ok but...

Posted by ksedeniussen on April 22 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was just a little disappointed by the small package and very small tablets.. Doesn't last long but I'm sure the quality is top.

Wasn't able to continue taking the product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 9 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended by a friend who uses and swears by it; unfortunately, I didn't get the same results. Because of the iron content, I was not able to continue taking this product due to the fact my body does not absorb iron well.

Best combination of Super Algae

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 11 2017 | Verified Purchase

Excellent detox, small pill easy to take In my experience, Sunfood products are always high in quality ... same goes for these tablets iHerb: please add all Sunfood products especially their new product "Acai Maqui Bowl Mix"

Detox easy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2016 | Verified Purchase

Taste good! When I am traveling and not getting enough greens, I make sure I popped these to have daily bowel movement. I also find it that it helps me with the needed immunity boost.

superfood but not suitable for all

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 9 2016 | Verified Purchase

Disappointed without knowing before hand that this is not suitable for women trying to get pregnant!!!!

Always Gotta Have Chlorella Around So Giving These A Try

Posted by mirindalikethedrink on September 23 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was a bit disappointed by the amount in this package...find that there are other brands that are more generous. As far as I can tell, quality is good.

As described, very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 2 2017 | Verified Purchase

Very good for digestive system. Wish didn't need to take multiple small tabs, would do just fine if pack had about 3 in 1 bigger tablet. Great value nonetheless

good~~