Dislike Taste, Not Certified Organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Stupid me, didn't carefully research this before buying. This product is Organic Compliant, not Certified Organic and apparently refers to the enzymes used to extract the protein which is organic, not the brown rice. The product advertises winning the Editor's Choice award. That was from naturalnews dot com, and 2 years ago. Since then, editor Mike Adams seems less enthusiastic and is touting the Boku Super Protein which is Certified Organic and further tested for heavy metals, pesticides, E-coli and other contaminants, but is sweetened with maple syrup (bit of a drawback) instead of stevia (depends on how much is too much). Wish I'd seen the article before ordering this. This product makes no such claims so its a matter of how picky you are about organics and contaminant testing. The taste of this product was a big disappointment. The stevia is very strong and sickly sweet. The fermented flavor stinks (some call it malty, its worse, I normally like malty, this is slightly rank) and the consistency is chalky. Maybe mixing it with cocoa will hide the smell, or lots of berries. Lesson for me - Never buy something in bulk before trying a sample. I prefer straight hemp to this.

Cardboard taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Sandy texture (does not melt perfectly in drinks and cardboard taste, cannot recognize any vanilla taste at all. Buy Chocolate version much better.

It doesn't taste good :\

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I bought the chocolate flavor before and it didn't taste great so I thought I'll give vanilla a try and guess what . It's not so great either so now I only use it on my pancakes.

Terrible taste and does not blend well with liquid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Although the shipping was really fast and I'm really satisfied with Iherb and I will buy again, the taste of this product is terrible, it doesn't mix well with water and it has a grainy texture. Absolutely the worst.