sublingual A+++

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Had been wanting to try 5 HTP after reading about it in Scientific American, how it was so great for jet lag....though they did their tests using a sublingual 5 HTP, so that's what we wanted...harder to find! We travel a lot and after reading that, we decided to test it out. Eureka! It works like a dream for jet lag. (We also use homeopathic no jet lag, too). It goes under your tongue and sort of dissolves with a bit of chalky peppermint flavor. Easy peasy. It's other nice use is taking the edge off a stressful day for me. I just love this. Everyone is buying the capsules with extra additives, they are missing the boat on this one!

Superior 5-HTP

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2016 | Verified Purchase

First, sublingual is superior because you don't have to mega-dose in order to get the same results. Second, the brand is smart enough not to combine B-6 in the tablet -- I already get enough B-6 so don't need them adding more and for those who say "but you need B-6 to convert 5-HTP to serotonin": true, but it is better to not take B-6 and 5-HTP at the same time.

this is a gereat product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have taken 5-HTP on and off since it first hit the market probably 25 years ago. The regular tablets or capsules by other makers do not help me nearly as much as the microlingual form from Superior Source.