Excellent general use B-Complex-NON GMO

Posted by NBPT10 on Aug 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent B-Complex that is well balanced. I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. As they explain in their literature, the methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement. Some people can't convert to the methyl form making most B-complexes ineffective. For someone who is healthy and just wants to make sure they are getting enough of the complex this is great. For someone with a specific health issue they can use this and supplement with isolated b vitamins like b3, B5, or a sublingual Methyl B12 to get the therapeutic dose they desire. Also, there is a 1 star review written by someone from Australia stating that Thorne uses GMO's in their products. I went on Thorne's website and they take a very strong policy stand against using GMO's. Below is a quote. "Thorne Research, Inc. does not make any products that contain Genetically Modified Organisms (known as GMOs)." They are also partnering with an anti GMO group. Below is another quote. "Thorne Research is partnering with the Non-GMO Project, a non-profit organization that verifies that products are free of GMOs or materials derived from GMOs. The Non-GMO Project has developed a nationally recognized standard that has been developed by industry partners who, like Thorne Research, share the concern about the long-term safety of GMOs." I have no interest in defending Thorne. They are big enough to defend themselves. I just don't like it when someone takes a shot at someone with un- true info. If you like this review, kindly visit my homepage to read more value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

B complex

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product seems good. This is the best balanced b complex on iHerb (but it would be much better with benfotiamine and pantethine). The B6 level isn't too high and it is coenzymed. This vitamin is more toxic than people may think (especially pyridoxine). However, i still think that the thiamin and niacin level are a bit too high... This is like if companies put more vitamins to sell their products more expensively or because they don't have the technology to deal with smaller doses... In some cases, high doses are justified but not always.

Not right for me

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like that this formulation does not mega dose B6 (only 10 mg), though the mega doses of other B vitamins mean this formula is not right for me. Also don't understand the need to include magnesium laurate, calcium laurate - more unnecessary junk. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

GMO product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'd give it a minus if there was such a rating! Thorne claim they use a mix of GMO and non-GMO products! but REFUSE to confirm the status of any individual products, leaving customers blind! Well, buyer we ware! I suggest iherb drop this brand until they become willing to disclose the GMO status of their products!

I love this B Complex, really helped with my pyrroles and MTHFR management

Posted by grainfreeliving on Jul 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Although Thorne does other B's specifically aimed at MTHFR, I have found that I am doing better when I switched to this one. I have the a1298C defective gene and this B really helps. It does not make me feel sick and I can even take it close to bedtime and it does not keep me awake. I range from 1 to 3 a day, depending on my stress levels and I love how I can be in control of my dose according to my needs.

Better form of Vitamin B-6

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The only B complex I've found that contains the active form (P-5-P) of vitamin B-6. The cheaper form of B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL) makes me really tired. Also, Thorne supplements do not contain magnesium stearate, a waxy filler often made from cottonseed oil, which I am allergic to.

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. My understanding is that the vitamins contained with the product are the more bio-available variants. This Brand is recommended in the book "Drug Muggers:...". I was a bit concerned that some of the vitamins were so much higher than the recommended daily allowances, but having done a bit of reading on that I am happy that the quantities are safe. I'm even more confident that the product is well thought out. Being in Australia, postage can be quite expensive - but that is not the case with iHerb; and the product was delivered very quickly too.

Quality product recommended by my doctor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Since taking this, I have noticed when bending or squating down that the dizzy spells and slight black outs have reduced in severity.

Dangerous for me

Posted by beafawcett on Feb 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i found that this product contains over 7000% of the RDA of thiamine. I also found it is possible get thiamine toxicity, which I did. i have used other Thoren products with lower amounts of these Vitamins. It seems absurd to have such huge doses in a single capsule, which made me VERY SICK. I really think this product has significant dangers and would suggest people be very careful about using it. It seesm to have been produced with the nonsensical idea that more is always better. seriously not happy.

Bioavailable Ingredients

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Threw out my other cheaper B complex in favor of this one, this has the B vitamins in a bio-available form that your body can utilize straight away. I take it on the days I don't eat properly. I've never slept very well, and this may have contributed to me sleeping better at night (if taken in the morning).