Excellent general use B-Complex-NON GMO

Posted by NBPT10 on Aug 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent B-Complex that is well balanced. I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. As they explain in their literature, the methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement. Some people can't convert to the methyl form making most B-complexes ineffective. For someone who is healthy and just wants to make sure they are getting enough of the complex this is great. For someone with a specific health issue they can use this and supplement with isolated b vitamins like b3, B5, or a sublingual Methyl B12 to get the therapeutic dose they desire. Also, there is a 1 star review written by someone from Australia stating that Thorne uses GMO's in their products. I went on Thorne's website and they take a very strong policy stand against using GMO's. Below is a quote. "Thorne Research, Inc. does not make any products that contain Genetically Modified Organisms (known as GMOs)." They are also partnering with an anti GMO group. Below is another quote. "Thorne Research is partnering with the Non-GMO Project, a non-profit organization that verifies that products are free of GMOs or materials derived from GMOs. The Non-GMO Project has developed a nationally recognized standard that has been developed by industry partners who, like Thorne Research, share the concern about the long-term safety of GMOs." I have no interest in defending Thorne. They are big enough to defend themselves. I just don't like it when someone takes a shot at someone with un- true info. If you like this review, kindly visit my homepage to read more value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

I love this B Complex, really helped with my pyrroles and MTHFR management

Posted by grainfreeliving on Jul 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Although Thorne does other B's specifically aimed at MTHFR, I have found that I am doing better when I switched to this one. I have the a1298C defective gene and this B really helps. It does not make me feel sick and I can even take it close to bedtime and it does not keep me awake. I range from 1 to 3 a day, depending on my stress levels and I love how I can be in control of my dose according to my needs.

Better form of Vitamin B-6

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The only B complex I've found that contains the active form (P-5-P) of vitamin B-6. The cheaper form of B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL) makes me really tired. Also, Thorne supplements do not contain magnesium stearate, a waxy filler often made from cottonseed oil, which I am allergic to.

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. My understanding is that the vitamins contained with the product are the more bio-available variants. This Brand is recommended in the book "Drug Muggers:...". I was a bit concerned that some of the vitamins were so much higher than the recommended daily allowances, but having done a bit of reading on that I am happy that the quantities are safe. I'm even more confident that the product is well thought out. Being in Australia, postage can be quite expensive - but that is not the case with iHerb; and the product was delivered very quickly too.

Bioavailable Ingredients

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Threw out my other cheaper B complex in favor of this one, this has the B vitamins in a bio-available form that your body can utilize straight away. I take it on the days I don't eat properly. I've never slept very well, and this may have contributed to me sleeping better at night (if taken in the morning).

best b complex i've found

Posted by HealthyBelliesHappyKids on Apr 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent B-Complex. I have MTHFR mutation so I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. The methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement even without MTHFR issues.

Very strong supplement, so use with caution.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was only taking one capsule a day for a year, but developed vitamin B toxicity. The skin on my knuckles became hard and dry. At first I thought it was caused by my dish washing soap but then I noticed my face was breaking out. I did some research online about skin problems and found out that high doses of vitamins cause liver damage. I immediately stopped taking supplements. After only a couple of days, I noticed an improvement in my skin. The dryness is almost completely gone and face is clearer. From now on, I'm only going to take the rda.

Excellent quality, the best forms of B vitamins in the right amounts; & no allergens

Posted by vitality on Nov 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very good, balanced combination of B's. Not stimulating or sedating. Well absorbed. Most brands don't use the right forms of B vitamins - they use cheaper forms which are less effective. And many contain too many additives or alcohol sugars (xlitol, mannitol etc).

Unique product!

Posted by philla on Oct 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

B complex tailormade.. Contains all the necessary b complex vitamins in coenzymated versions. Helps with cognitive function, important for detoxification, aiding your adrenals; I believe it is tailormade for stressful life in the 21-century

great brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really trust Thorne. This seems to be a great b complex. Although I didn't take it for this reason, I have noticed my hair and nails seem to be growing really well since I started taking this.