Vit C

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 6 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have chronic fatigue and having tried many different brands of Vitamin C this Thorne product is the easiest on my stomach. Other brands were acidic and an irritant and some gave me heart burn.

Excellent form of Vitamin C for animals as well as humans

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 17 2012 | Verified Purchase

I add this to my dog's food and she has recovered amazingly well from a life-threatening condition. My cats get some in their food as well. It's easier on all of our digestive systems than straight ascorbic acid. Thorne Research makes the best quality, magnesium stearate-free products I have found!

recommend

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 26 2010 | Verified Purchase

very easily absorbed. i am unable to eat hardly any fruit on my restricted diet and this is so easily digested highly recommend

Thorne Buffered C Powder, great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product was recommended by a M.D. holistic doctor for healing throughout the body and reducing inflamation. I found it to totally agree with digestion. Many times I will getstomach upset with C vitamins but I was able to take up to 7000 mg. a day of this product without any problem. A very good product and I would recommend it. Great for the immune system. You can just take it with water or a juice preferably something not acidic.

Buffered Vitamin C

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 9 2012 | Verified Purchase

Thorne makes the best Buffered C Powder on the market in my opinion. iHerb has the best prices and their shipping was rocket fast!

absorption seems low

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 16 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am by no means an expert on Vitamin C, but the absorption rate of this powder seems very low. I switched to it from a different brand with almost exactly the same ingredient breakdown. That other product produced noticeable G.I. activity within an hour or so, which is what you would expect with a large dose of Vitamin C being rapidly absorbed in the intestines on an empty stomach. This product, however, does not produce any noticeable G.I. response. My urine also seemed more pungent and quite a big more vibrant in color than usual, which tells me that a lot of the Vitamin C is not being absorbed and is simply leaving my system. It's also not nearly as effervescent as the other product is. It barely fizzes at all, whereas the other one fizzes like a soft drink. I've switched back to the other product for now. I wish I knew more of what was going on, because just going by labels this should be virtually identical. I'm going to keep looking and see if I can nail down the differences.

Great for ibs

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used it for the vitamin c flush and works well enough. No stomach discomfort of any kind even when consumed in large amounts on an empty stomach.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 21 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a wonderful vitamin c supplement with a combination of calcium, magnesium and Vitamin C. A great immune boosting supplement which is easy to take. It can also aid restful sleep and help the body cope with stress. Provides 2000mg per scoop. A superb product.

Easy on stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 21 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have a extremly sensitive stomach, and by far, this is the only product that allows me to take cal, mag- and vitamin C supplements!.. If you have leaky gut you may begin with halv the dosage and then increase.

ASCORBIC ACID POWDER

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 29 2012 | Verified Purchase

DAILY USE IS BENEFICIAL. I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND SHALL CONTINUE.