A godsend for those with Chronic Fatigue and Autoimmune disorders

Posted by Basanga on Dec 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

A little background: I've had UC almost all my life, and at age 24 it took a turn for the worse and spread to other parts of my body due to a case of encephalitis brought on by toxoplasmosis. After the encephalitis, my life became an absolute mess, and I tried every anti-inflammatory under the sun. They helped for a while, but they kept weakening my immune system and letting the toxoplasmosis get worse. Anti-microbals kept it in check, but weren't a long-term solution, and kept doing numbers on my liver. So after reading all sorts of research on NR, I sucked it up and finally bought it. I was extremely sceptical of its effects, as I have been burnt before by many other supplements that make claims of reducing inflammation but not impacting your immune system negatively. I started with 2 capsules, on an empty stomach straight after I wake up. The first day, my energy was definitely improved, but the inflammation remained and affected my mood still. By the second day, my energy improved further, and the inflammation weakened. By the third day, it's as if the inflammation isn't even there, my energy is amazing and my mood was at an all-time high. The things that I would avoid and neglect out of fatigue excited me once again! Honestly, this is one supplement I can't be without. The price is very steep, but the results are indescribable, it's done a complete 180 on my life. If you can afford it, try it for at least a month. Most healthy people won't see my kind of results, but for those with autoimmune disorders and chronic fatigue, it may very well give you your life back.

3rd month:

Posted by 5377630887512292253 on Oct 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I'm trying this with pterostilbene, 3-4 mini-fasts a week (my job & living in NYC takes care of the exercise. I'm 64 & work on the road, so have a wildly variable diet (but try to keep to anti-inflammatory, balanced lipid, mostly vegetable based). So far, no tentacles, third eyes or prehensile tail growth? I have yet to gain telepathic, necromancy or levitation skills.

NR from same factory as more expensive brands

Posted by 4946587271050508847 on Oct 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This Nicotinamide Riboside is actualy made in the same factory, with exactly the same methods, as much more expensive brands like Niagen. I can prove myself that the effects are exactly the same and are amazing! This is the future of the supplements, first truly groundbreaking invention in this field in many, many years. Highly recommended!

Excellent, gives me lots of energy

Posted by danarm on Jun 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Gives me a lot of energy when I take it in large doses. The kind of sustained lasting energy. But to accomplish this I have to take about 5 grams at once (the entire tub has 7.5 grams). Thorne Research should offer larger sizes of this.

It's kinda expensive and you simply hope it is doing something when most have reported it's done nothing noticeable for them.

Posted by 5081675106147596922 on Oct 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The good is that I don't have any side effects when taking it. The bad is that reading forums where people have discontinued taking this supplement after adhering to it for over a year simply because they couldn't tell if it was doing anything or not. It's rather expensive and there doesn't seem to be any data that I can find to support that it will truly do anything more than cost you time and money. I'm giving it three stars, because only time and further research will tell if it's worth it or not. I'll follow the research and stick with exercise and diet.

Using to try and reduce quinnolic acid levels and help my body recycle glutathione (and reduce oxidised glutathione).

Posted by Reviewer2158986 on Aug 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Works!

Posted by 5536954971001306235 on Oct 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Worked both for me and a friend more energy...

Not very good.

Posted by 4954681017137165879 on May 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i feel nothing when i ate it.

CPA

Posted by 4614891303660792910 on May 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

VERY GOOD.

Anti-ageing

Posted by Reviewer2981997 on Feb 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

A newly discovered form of Vitamin B3 that increases NAD+ levels. Quite expensive though.

1 2 3