equivalent to benzodiazepines

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am very grateful for the discovery of PharmaGABA by the Japanese. Other "GABAs" don't seem to work on the brain (i.e. don't cross the blood brain barrier) but PharmaGABA obviously does, based on my and my and my patient's experiences. I have seen it replace the need for valium, lorazepam, et al many times over. Thank you Thorne and thank you to the Japanese researchers.

PharmaGABA is helping resolve my multiple health problems.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have anxiety, low energy, acid reflux and gastritis. I have tried other GABA supplements with a little but of success. I heard a lot of good things about this one (had been recommended on a naturopath's website as the best form of GABA) so I decided to try it. The main reason I got it was for my stomach issues, as I have read studies that esophageal function is regulated by GABA and that GABA reduces inflammation such as that which you'd have with gastritis. Not only is it helping with my heartburn and gastritis, it's also helping me stay focused, improving my energy, and keeps me from getting jittery after my morning coffee. Overall it makes my life so much better. It's the best GABA product I've tried and I plan on sticking to it. Right now I'm taking 2/day and may try increasing to 3/day (1 in am, 1 in afternoon and 1 before bed).

More potent than regular GABA

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Apr 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take one before bedtime to help me sleep, and occasionally take another one if I wake up in the night. These are more potent than regular GABA supplements, at least in my experience. If you take GABA to help calm anxiety, be aware that a side-effect of too much GABA (in any form) is rapid heart-beat.

Works Great--Highly Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Have definitely noticed a positive difference since I began using the product. My moods have leveled out and the daily dosage is easily modified depending on circumstances.

Love Thorne GABA!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works great to calm dowmn my autistic daughter.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a must for anyone with stress and/or anxiety. This is a form of GABA that actually works, even at a 100mg dose. This works better than the chewables.

Awful side effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Made me feel drugged out and very sleep after taking just once capsule per day. Felt like a pharmaceutical rather than a supplement and I didn't react well to it at all. Very disappointed and a but fearful of ever taking GABA again. I can valium with less side effects than this and valium reduced my muscle pain whereas GABA just made me feel like a zombie. Might be good for someone who wants a sleep medication.

Really Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This brand really does work! I sleep longer and don't wake up as frequently as usual...have a much deeper, restful sleep, vivid dreams, and also helps with back pain....great product and fast delivery!

Effective

Posted by MusettaRose on Feb 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I take one of these and an l-theanine, and it helps with anxiety and panic, which I suffer from frequently, I always have some on hand.

CAUSED anxiety!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I tried this with high hopes that it would help alleviate the anxiety symptoms that I suffer from due to Chronic Lyme Disease. Bizarrely just one capsule of this natural form of GABA caused severe anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia and dyspepsia. But please note this doesn't mean this will necessarily happen with you as my Lyme Disease causes me to experience strange and abnormal reactions to certain supplements.

1 2 3 4