Wow: feeling so energized

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was very cautious when I ordered the product due the few negative reviews (I always read those first). I was afraid of the taste as this seems to be one of the major concerns. I was hesitating between 2 brands. Then, I wrote to a famous Doctor's office in NY who sells his own brand of protein powder but that cannot be shipped to Europe yet. They then recommended this brand and I went for it. I must say, I amazed. I take a shake every morning (visit the vegaone site, they have great smoothie recipes!) and I can tell the difference in my energy level, in my mental clarity, in my digestion and in my lack of cravings throughout the day. When I do not take it, I tend to munch all day long. It is as if the shake gives me exactly what my body needs. Two comments though: - I understand where the people who did not like the taste are coming from. It is probably stevia as this is a non-sweetened product. Stevia takes some getting used to it. Personally, it does not disturb me, but I would very much welcome if the brand launched a really non-sweetned product, i.e no stevia either. I would just then throw a date in my shake and that would be it. - The powder contains maca and I am not sure if this is the right thing for me to take due my low cortisol level. This is something I will have to double check. PS: my favorite shake with the chocolate flavor powder is: 1 scoop of powder, 1/2 banana, 1 cup of homemade cashew milk, 1 pear, cinnamon, 1 tsp of dutch cocoa powder (yes, I add some!!!) and 1 tsp of virgin coco oil. But of course, when in a rush, I just mix the powder and the the nut milk.

The Best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The best ingredients! The best flavor! I love that their products are ALL plant based! I've been a vegetarian/vegan since I was a little child and the vegan products like theirs are what I had always been looking for! My health conditions have become even better and I have been able to get in better shape since I started the VEGA diet routine! They also have their own YouTube channel and introduce very helpful tips! I'm just a huge VEGA fan!

Much Better Taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Compared to Vega's Whole Food Health Optimizer, Vega One tastes so much better! The rich chocolatey flavor makes me feel like I am cheating. All of Vega's products are of high quality and you can not beat the prices on iHerb.com. I ordered this product on Monday and it was on my doorstep by Wednesday. I heart iHerb.com!

Really filling with lots of other benefits other than protein!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

When I first got the protein powder I was underwhelmed by the taste. However, after adding a bit less powder than recommended (40g) I find the taste very toleratable. The shake makes me feel full (with a small bowl of oats) until lunch and really helps my concentration which I find extremely important as I am a student. I really recommend this cruelty-free protein option!

Good but expensive

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like this because of what it doesn't have in it; however, it's very expensive. Recently another store had it on sale for cheaper than they do here, but when it's not on sale at that store, it's cheaper at iherb.

Good standby Vegan shake

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like having this on hand and usually add moringa powder to it for even more of a boost. Have tried the vanilla and find it too sweet, I end up adding raw cocoa powder to it! Good flavor, especially in comparison to some other shakes I've had. A little expensive though.

Tastes good for protein powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

+ tastes much better than soy protein (yuck!) + out of the 3 Vega flavors I've tried so far, chocolate tastes best + mixes well with water + has been effective for me, even if I don't take the protein powder every day

Vega One as Good as Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used the Complete Whole Food etc. for half year and was not happy when I could not get it any more. A friend told me about Vega One and I tried it. It is as good as the former product -- no hunger for hours and very little desire to eat sweets throughout the day! Thanks, Vega, for re-formulating this. I am a loyal fan...Plus the new name is so much easier.

Best Nutritional Shake I ever tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Rich chocolate taste with an underton of nuts. It is very good but I find it excessively sweet (Stevia is a powerful sweetener!). However I consider this product as the best I ever tried: free from doubtful ingredients, easy to solve into liquid and easy to digest.

One of the best protein powders

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many vegan protein powders over the years and this one is one of the best flavour wise. The only one that tastes slightly better than this is Pranaon. However I prefer the Vega as I definitely feel better than the Pranaon one I think due to all the probiotics etc. I love Vega blended up for breakfast with coconut water, banana, spinach and mixed berries