My first experiment with erythritol

Posted by Umbridge on Sep 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a better sweetener than, say, splenda, but I still prefer stevia. You can't taste whatever you are making to adjust the seasonings and sweetness before baking, as it has a cooling effect. I read about that, but hadn't realised it would be quite so powerful. I also find that this isn't nearly as easy on my digestion as stevia, given that it's a sugar alcohol and incompletely absorbed. The package is indeed very small, but a little bit definitely goes a long way.

best erythritol available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

a bit pricy, but certainly worth it. has a nicer after taste than other erythritol-products

Great for low carb diets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Gram for gram, it is a bit less sweet than sugar, but if you make up the difference with a bit of stevia this is a great calorie free low carb alternative for sugar in baking. I just wish it cost a bit less.

Great alternative sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great sweetener in that it tastes like sugar. No strange taste at all. Highly recommmend.

Best no-calorie sweetener and natural!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is pure erythritol, a naturally occurring, nearly zero-calorie sweetener. To my palette it has no aftertaste and it does not cause gas like sorbitol. It does not dissolve easily in cold foods/liquids, so it is best used in hot substances, like oatmeal, tea, coffee; however, it dissolves easily into hot things and does not precipitate when it is cooled. So, I use it to make iced tea (from hot tea) and I sweeten things like baked apples/homemade applesauce, oatmeal, cream of wheat etc. Difficult to find these days as most stores are carrying Stevia, which has a bitter aftertaste. I have not tried baking with it but it can be used. Imagine cutting out 1 or 2 cups of sugar from a recipe! I only wish they still made it in the little packets, for convenience.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

What is there to say? Sweet without the carbs! :)

Awesome product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Really good sweetener, awesome flavor.

Great for baking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this product in my home made chocolate and in my oatmeal square recipe. Acts like sugar, I just wish it cost less.

like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

like the test

Muy bueno y dulce :)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Muy parecido al azúcar y sin sabor extraño como otros endulzantes.

1 2 3