Tends to leak

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I agree with the other reviewers who said that these bottles are poorly packaged and tend to leak. Unfortunately, the bottle I bought recently was not taped up and was not inside a ziplock bag. The bottle leaked and molasses ended up all over every other product in the box (including dry stuff like flours). It was a disaster. No complaints about the product itself. Other buyers, just be cautious about what you ship this with and be prepared to clean up a mess on delivery...

Damaged when received - update

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The product itself I think is fine but I received the bottle busted and molasses leaked all over the lid and shipping box. I am awaiting customer service to remedy the situation. Update - iHerb customer service contacted me and sent a replacement. However, replacement leaked ALL OVER much worse than the first bottle. Luckily it was in a ziplock bag so the mess is contained. Customer service provided refund.

Say good bye to iron supplements!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Here is a natural alternative to boost your iron levels without those uncomfortable side effects. Just one tablespoon a day works for me! Thank you for carrying this particular brand, i herb...AND at a great price, as well!

Does a body good.

Posted by MinimahThePoet on Aug 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I never had molasses before and I must say that I have enjoyed my first experience with this one. I add a tablespoon in my tea each day. I'm not a giant fan of the taste on it's own so I must drink it in something. I tried in my oatmeal and that was a big 'no, no'. I could definitely taste it's strong flavor. So I will continue to add it to my hot tea. Also this is GREAT as a conditioner for your hair. You place it in the microwave for about 30 seconds because you want it warm not extremely hot. You massage it into your scalp and hair, sit with it for about 20-30 minutes under a shower cap then rinse it out with warm water. Make sure you have wet your hair before you put it into your hair. You don't want it too thick it in your. It conditions so well.

The real deal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A molasses that tastes like.....molasses. Very full bodied, not overly sweet. For those looking for a concentrated SWEETENER, watch out. There is no added sugar content in this product, it's a straight byproduct of cane processing (which is what molasses is), very rich, slightly sweet. Tastes all-natural.

Not particularly fond of the taste ...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

... surprisingly SALTY! However, I am not taking this for flavour but for health benefits - the mineral contents, and the magnesium, in particular. This has been amazingly helpful in keeping away muscle stiffness. As far back as I remember, I have had problems with muscle cramps; and lately, the cramps had been nightly, waking me up from my sleep. Since I started taking this, NO MORE CRAMPS!! But most of the time, the items arrived leaking all over - such a mess to clean up! I have written to iherb customer service on more than one occasion - bringing their attention to the fact that the caps were DELIBERATELY UNSCREWED. It appears to be an act of sabotage by someone on the iherb packing team. Each time, iherb will offer a refund, but they are not tackling the REAL problem! And this is a problem that goes way back to 2011, if you read customer feedback. This is an excellent product, and it would be a shame if iherb decides to discontinue the product because of high levels of customer complaints about the leaks.

My favorite molasses product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Product is excellent. I ordered 3 bottles. It was poorly packaged and leaked all over the box. When notified, Iherb was very responsible and sent replacements but the packaging was the same and there was still leakage from one of the bottles.

This Molasses is a sweetener that's good for you!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has a dark, rich color and very intense flavor. The health benefits are magnificent. It's great to cook with and downing a TBSP is not the most pleasurable experience, but it gives great energy and boosts vitamins and minerals.

Very nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This treacle is essential component for backing the Westmorland Pepper Cake or Russian Rye Bread. It's kosher, and if you have a Jewish Orthodox friends, they will not hesitate to consume this product. I also use it in my home-backed gluten-free bread instead of honey.

great for boosting iron

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this molasses to help my nearly-vegan son keep his iron levels high enough. Tasty and effective stirred into non-dairy milk.