Excellent alternative to NSAID for inflamation

Posted by NBPT10 on Jul 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking 3 in the AM and 3 in the PM for shoulder tendonitis and knee pain. It works. Just make sure you take it on an empty stomach. Otherwise it will not work. These have been used in Germany for decades with success. No side effects like NSAID's. I have used a generic form of Wobenzym enzymes from another supplier and they did not work as well as this brand. A bit expensive but it is worth it to save your liver and gut from the abuse of NSAID's. Your MD will never tell you about this. If you ask, he/she will likely say they never heard of it and sadly they are probaly telling the truth. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Excellent Product!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hypothyroidism & a Dr.recommended it to regulate the immune system, I take 4 x 3/day (on empty stomach), It helps with all kind of pains but also because its anti-inflammatory properties it brings down the auto-antibodies (TPO) that attack my thyroid. They went down from 256 to 43 in 4 months. (normal range 34 or less). I highly recommend it!!

The product is Good but.....

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The product is good. A week after using it, I felt more energetic. However,I got body rashes which I strongly believe due to its "Bromelain" content.A week after I stopped using it,all my body rashes disappeared. I wish Wobenzym had no Bromelain in it.Otherwise,the product is really good. Bromelain is scientifically-proven hyperallergenic. Now, Im taking Enzymatic Therapy's CompleteGest enzymes without bromelain ( for more than a week now and i dont have rashes)

Wobenzyme - it really worked for chronic pain / inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Despite all the favorable reviews, I never thought this product is actually working. And then, like 6 months ago, I got my ankle sprained really bad. At the beginning, cold packs and Advil in generous doses helped; after like 3 months, there was some residual inflammation and local stiffness with moderate pain, and they did not go away no matter what I tried (Advil again, physical activity of all sorts, hydrotherapy, cortisone-based topical creams). So after another 3 months, desperately, hopelessly looking to get my ankle back in shape, I finally tried Wobenzym: and then all the inflammation and stiffness completely dissapeared, within 7 days. So guess what, from now on I'll make sure I always have a bottle of Wobenzyme at home.

Might have helped me with blocked fallopian tubes.

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed with semi blocked fallopian tubes (through hysterosalpingogram). I panicked because I am actively trying to conceive. After researching a lot I found out that these enzymes eat away all scar tissue and can potentially unblock the tubes. The price here was significantly lower that anywhere else on the net. I also started taking Christopher's Original Formulas, Female Reproductive Formula. The herbs in this formula have been traditionally used to support fallopian tube health. Finally I did heated castor oil packs on my lower abdomen the first half of the cycle. After about 2 months time I decided that I will undergo laparoscopy to reopen them surgically. My surgeon gynaecologist found my tubes completely open! I was amazed! There is a chance that the first diagnosis was misleading, but I still think that maybe this regime helped me. Now I am waiting to get pregnant...hopefully soon! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

disappointing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have constant pain from problems in my cervical spine. I am no longer able to take NSAIDs. It would have been wonderful to find an alternative for inflammation. This is a very expensive supplement, so I read all the reviews on websites where the product is available. I also did research at PubMed. One study showed anecdotal evidence of benefit for people with cervical syndrome, but there were also accounts of severe side-effects. One study noted that all the clinical trials to date were deficient; there is no proof of benefit. I have not been taking it for very long, but I'm going to stop. There has been no change in inflammation or pain, but I from the moment I began taking it, I have had gastric upset. I was taking only two pills instead of three, but aside from that, I took it exactly as directed. I understand that everyone's response is different; however, I feel I wasted my money.

helps reduce inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Recommended by my holistic chiropractor. It helped reduce inflammation in my shoulder. He recommended I take 5 - 3x/day 2hr after meals. This is significantly cheaper than getting it from my local supplement store.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Really helps with inflammation & pain. Safe unlike pain relievers such as NSAIDS. I did notice for the first time there is a liver warning on it. And I don't think you are supposed to take it if you have gallbladder problems as it increases bile production.

Wobenzym

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking it for 10 years. I started having joint aches when I was 38 and my uncle who was a Dr. told me to try it since it had worked for several of his patients avoiding the need for prescriptions. It worked wonders and haven't looked back in all this time.

Works if you give it time

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Bought this for a bad case of tennis elbow--found out I was dosing too low and once I uped the dose it worked fabulously until I ran out! Bought again.